Help With My Wbml Rom

Daggerlee

Still Fresh
could you help me, im kinda of a noobie with this gp2x. I am very familiar with MAME and other emulators, but i am having troubles getting some of my MAME roms to work. I am using MAME 3.7on my GP2X with 3.0 firmware. I really want to get my WONDERBOY IN MONSTERLAND ROM to work. Ive tried using CLRMAMEPRO, but that didn't work(unless i did it wrong)

PLEASE HELP!!!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

purple_goat posted on Mar 9 2007 at 05:59 PM said:
probably not supported..

PG, that's not helpful at all. Sometimes I think you write just to see what you've written. ;)

Daggerlee, WBML is listed in the gamelist.txt (as you may know). However, you may not have noticed that the bootleg is also listed. I'm not near my ROM set right now---so I can't test it---but give the bootleg a try. That works for Bubble Bobble.

wbml "Wonder Boy in Monster Land"
wb3bl "Wonder Boy Monster Lair (bootleg)"

Last edited by a moderator:
purple_goat posted on Mar 9 2007 at 06:19 PM said:
maybe, but he said that he was a mame vertran..
so I think it's somewhat helpful

<_< ... this isn't gamefaqs pal; the only thing you gain here by building up a huge post count is a reputation as a textual gnat.

saehn posted on Mar 9 2007 at 05:15 PM said:
purple_goat posted on Mar 9 2007 at 05:59 PM said:
probably not supported..

PG, that's not helpful at all. Sometimes I think you write just to see what you've written. ;)

Daggerlee, WBML is listed in the gamelist.txt (as you may know). However, you may not have noticed that the bootleg is also listed. I'm not near my ROM set right now---so I can't test it---but give the bootleg a try. That works for Bubble Bobble.

wbml "Wonder Boy in Monster Land"
wb3bl "Wonder Boy Monster Lair (bootleg)"

Thanks for the help, i actually have both rom sets, but my GP2X says its unable to load rom. I'm not sure the rom set is converted for the GP2X. I have been playing it on my computer using MAME32. I got a couple of roms to work on my GP2X like: TIME PILOT, GUNSMOKE. But I really want this one to work.

Thank you!

TelcoLou posted on Mar 9 2007 at 05:50 PM said:

<_< ... this isn't gamefaqs pal; the only thing you gain here by building up a huge post count is a reputation as a textual gnat.

Hey look, please all dont hijack this post. I really need help. I have everything working on my GP2X, but i dont know how to convert MAME roms to work on my GP2X, version 3.0. Using the lastest MAME 3.7 for GP2X.

Could some one please help!!!!

Daggerlee posted on Mar 10 2007 at 05:58 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on Mar 9 2007 at 05:50 PM said:

Hey look, please all dont hijack this post. I really need help. I have everything working on my GP2X, but i dont know how to convert MAME roms to work on my GP2X, version 3.0. Using the lastest MAME 3.7 for GP2X.

Could some one please help!!!!

Just a thought. How about just downloading one of the many GP2X mame torrents and just grabbing the roms that you need? I don't see why that wont work. It'll save you some hassle unless you like me and want to learn something from all this.

i have it working for weeks now ;)
i got my hands on a MAME4ALL romset for the dreamcast which happens to be the 0.34 set
most of the games are 100% a few have slight sound issues but are very playable!!!
the wonderboy in monsterland works with a slight sound glitch at times !!!
if your still having trouble give me your email addy ...

Back