Help with purchasing a Pandora.

Mathew

Still Fresh
I'm interested in purchasing a Pandora, but I'm wondering how much shipping to Australia would be? Also, how soon after I make the final payment would I receive the Pandora?

Oh, and is the power changer compatible with Australian electrical standards (i.e. socket prongs, and more importantly voltage)? As this will dictate whether I need a universal power adapter (with or without voltage conversion). Thanks.

P.S.

What additional accessories are there for the Pandora?

We have German, UK, (north)American and Australian adaptors. You'll get the one you need.

Additional accessoires: Check out the shop. We have a Pandora-bag for your belt and some extra stylus and battery.

Your first questions have to be answered by EvilDragon. I don't know how much preorderers already have their Pandora and how much Pandoras are in stock for new customers at the moment.

I'm interested in purchasing a Pandora, but I'm wondering how much shipping to Australia would be? Also, how soon after I make the final payment would I receive the Pandora?

Oh, and is the power changer compatible with Australian electrical standards (i.e. socket prongs, and more importantly voltage)? As this will dictate whether I need a universal power adapter (with or without voltage conversion). Thanks.

P.S.

What additional accessories are there for the Pandora?

I'm in Australia, and though I can't remember exactly how much shipping was (ask the owner of the store you're buying from), it was a nontrivial but not ridiculous amount.

EDIT: Ninjas abound.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think that the shipping rate for the Pandora to Australia is a bit pricey. I recently paid 64 Euro which is just over $80 AUD... The payment email stated that the service would be DHL Premium (which sounds like it would be Airmail, although I haven't actually looked it up), but judging by the tracking status and the fact that I am now hitting my third week of waiting, it appears that it might possibly be coming via surface mail...? Considering I that I have recently imported boxed Sega Saturns, Dreamcasts and PC Engines from Japan at about $60 each, the Pandora shipping cost seems a bit strange. Admittedly Japan is closer than Germany, but these are significantly heavier packages and I have had them arrive on my doorstep in around 4 days.

My last package to arrive from Japan was huge. It had 5 boxed consoles, 30 boxed Super Famicom games, stacks of spare controllers, an arcade stick and some other random bits and pieces in it. It cost around $300 to post via a FedEX business account, weighed just under 20 kilos and arrived in under a week. Again, Japan is much closer, but $80 for a relatively small Pandora from Germany, using a service that is almost into its third week (currently about 18 days), seems a little over priced.

Last edited by a moderator:
KK25: 3 weeks sounds too long, it WAS Airmail (unless DHL messed up somehow, but then I can claim shipping costs back and send them to you).

All fast delivery services are damn expensive from Germany... UPS even more expensive than DHL.

Signed mail is only 8 EUR though and usually ships within 1-2 weeks.

While it's not insured, I never lost a package so far. It is trackable as well.

KK25 - assuming yours turned up, how long did it take in the end?

Mine was last seen in Germany on the 3rd of May..... it may be via airmail but I think its stopping at every country along the way.

Back