Release Hero of Allacrost

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Hero of Allacrost, a 2D JRPG.

preview4.png

Valyria Tear share a lot of code and data with this game (Valyria is based on Allacrost, but Valerya has been more active the Allacrost lately), so you will find similar and gameplay and graphics.

Story is completly different.

There are still some bugs in the gameplay I think, so expect some update...

History log
========

Build 02
----------

• latest sources
  • fresh compile using gcc 5.3.0
Build 01
----------

• Initial release
  • Forces 800x480 fullscreen
  • used Tremor for OGG

Last edited:
@Shenmue: :(

There is not much things inside the log. When the Segfault happens? Do you know if it can be reproduce easily, because I'll have to debug with gdb to try fix it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded via PNDManager and launch it with in PNDManager. It runs fine for a while when the troops entered the cave, that was went it shut down on me. I didn't even have a chance to take control of the game :)

I'll try it again later if it happens again.

I'm encountering some bugs as well. A few minutes after entering the caves the characters will repeat what was said when they first enter the caves and the controls become unresponsive. I can still pause but that's about it so I have to kill it and restart. Also, it crashes to desktop when trying to load a saved game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmm, it seems very unstable indeed. I'll check the code, but not sure I  find anything. I'll also update the svn and recompile.

Fresh build. Using gcc 5.3.0 and latest sources, I hope it's more stable now.

Build 02
----------

• latest sources
  • fresh compile using gcc 5.3.0

I'm encountering some bugs as well. A few minutes after entering the caves the characters will repeat what was said when they first enter the caves and the controls become unresponsive.
I just encountered this issue in the new build. When the controls became unresponsive the character moved as far left as it could go, giving the impression the left arrow key had gotten stuck.

-Neelix

Back