Release Valyria Tear

Hi there, :)

I couldn't resist adding a few things there. ;)

Fonts size problems: Just in case it could be useful, please note that there is also the 'dat/config/fonts.lua' file where you can change parameters simply:

fonts = {
    -- Text style internal name = { "font file path", font size }
-- note that you change the font size here, or even change a problematic font easily.
    ["title20"] = {font = "img/fonts/LinLibertine_aBS.ttf", size = 18},
    ["title22"] = {font = "img/fonts/LinLibertine_aBS.ttf", size = 20},
    ["title24"] = {font = "img/fonts/LinLibertine_aBS.ttf", size = 22},
}
About the soldiers: Sorry to hear you almost ragequit for a few soldiers, Kumaki, but don't worry, you'll take your revenge on them a bit later... ;)

About the content making: The second actual dungeon is in the making atm, and I'll release the Episode I version once it'll be all scripted and tested. For now, it still mainly exists on paper only, but believe me, it was quite some work already... No ETA as I'm no studio or anything like that, unfortunately.

EDIT: About the savegame compatibility: The save game will always remain compatible (or the most possible) between one version and the former. I've set it up as a rule in my changes so don't worry too much about the savegame compatibility. When the next version will be out, you'll be able to start from the latest save point.

Best regards,
This is good to hear.

What was driving me nuts was the guards on the Low Mountain...until I figured out how to pound their asses before they recruited help.  CAN'T sneak past all of them, try as you might.

Hi there, :)

I couldn't resist adding a few things there. ;)

Fonts size problems: Just in case it could be useful, please note that there is also the 'dat/config/fonts.lua' file where you can change parameters simply:

fonts = {
    -- Text style internal name = { "font file path", font size }
-- note that you change the font size here, or even change a problematic font easily.
    ["title20"] = {font = "img/fonts/LinLibertine_aBS.ttf", size = 18},
    ["title22"] = {font = "img/fonts/LinLibertine_aBS.ttf", size = 20},
    ["title24"] = {font = "img/fonts/LinLibertine_aBS.ttf", size = 22},
}
About the soldiers: Sorry to hear you almost ragequit for a few soldiers, Kumaki, but don't worry, you'll take your revenge on them a bit later... ;)

About the content making: The second actual dungeon is in the making atm, and I'll release the Episode I version once it'll be all scripted and tested. For now, it still mainly exists on paper only, but believe me, it was quite some work already... No ETA as I'm no studio or anything like that, unfortunately.

EDIT: About the savegame compatibility: The save game will always remain compatible (or the most possible) between one version and the former. I've set it up as a rule in my changes so don't worry too much about the savegame compatibility. When the next version will be out, you'll be able to start from the latest save point.

Best regards,
Than you for all thoses insight :)

Oh and yes, the fonts.lua method looks way more clean than my ugly hack. Sorry, I should have look a bit deeper before doing some C code modif (my first reflex is change the code, and than, may be, look at the data...)

Again, thank you for this game, it runs very well, and it is beautifully interesting!

Hi all,

Thanks for the nice comments. :)

What was driving me nuts was the guards on the Low Mountain...until I figured out how to pound their asses before they recruited help.  CAN'T sneak past all of them, try as you might.
Funny, some people had problems with this sequence, but I only know two that complained that much about it and I already lowered the difficulty, in fact.
What specific guard is catching you all the time?

Oh and yes, the fonts.lua method looks way more clean than my ugly hack. Sorry, I should have look a bit deeper before doing some C code modif (my first reflex is change the code, and than, may be, look at the data...)
At least, your hack is working and makes people happy. I made the fonts.lua loading system to deal specifically with such fonts problems, but tell me if something could be improved while being reasonable, and I'll have a look.

Best regards, and stay tuned! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bertram, it isn't any one specific guard...it is the fact that there are SO MANY of them to have to either sneak around or pound their asses into oblivion before they call help.

Hi Kumaki,

Bertram, it isn't any one specific guard...it is the fact that there are SO MANY of them

Well, there is an overall total of 5 soldiers on map, and you will have to avoid at most two of them at once. Thus, IMO, they aren't so many of them.

Please also, consider the fact Kalya warned about the danger they are representing at that moment of the game, and that encountering them should be avoided the most possible.

(Well of course, many people don't really read what the characters say most of the time.)

So to be honest, whithout a better point, I can't seriously consider this as a flaw. I hope you'll understand.

pound their asses into oblivion
I can see you're taking battles seriously. ;)

Best regards,

I didn't even try to fight one, because I assumed them to actually be invincible from Kalya's comments.

Avoiding them was not too difficult. You can observe most of their routes and they are not very persistent at chasing you.

All you have to do is manage to miscalculate ever so slightly, and they don't get stuck and unable to follow you...then they DO follow you and nail yu...then you gotta pound their asses.

At least now I know HOW to pound their asses if II have to, but that is a section of the game I'd rather not have to re-play.

Finally "finished" the game !! XD

I was worried about the difficulty level after reading the adventures of Kumaki, but at the end I found no problems at all.

@Kumaki: how the hell were you able to beat those guards ?! what was your level ?

I did not have any extraordinary level.

I used the characters special abilities.

You just need to find the right combination of healing magic and devastating force.  Still, it's a section of the game I'm glad I won't have to re-play.  for that time in the game, the difficulty level is something I consider to be insane.

I, too, read Kalya's comments and thus tried to avoid the bastards.  The problem was that I found it quite impossible to avoid them ALL.

And so I'd get caught and get my ass pounded.  Until I finally figured out how to pound THEIR asses instead.

Even though I CAN pound their asses now, I certainly would still try to avoid them and not pick fights with them.

I did not have any extraordinary level.
I was lvl 11 and just tried for the sake of it, using the most powerful and most mana consuming abilities, but I was doing like 1/5 hp every hit... while losing 30/60 hp every turn...

Hm. I got the weirdest bug - I started playing the game, and I can see no dialogue text. All the rest is working, but I can't se what anyone is saying. The "background paper" opens, and there is delay for (wha I assume to be) the text to be written out, and the little "continue"-sign in the lower right corner...but no text. Anybody got anything similar?

Yep, same here. That's starting a new game on my Ghz, using updated SGX driver. Not sure what happens with an existing save game, as mine seems to have disappeared (I forget if I cleared my appdata once upon a time, or whether it broke compatibility since last time I played - which was quite a while ago).

Yep, same here. That's starting a new game on my Ghz, using updated SGX driver. Not sure what happens with an existing save game, as mine seems to have disappeared (I forget if I cleared my appdata once upon a time, or whether it broke compatibility since last time I played - which was quite a while ago).
Hm. I got the weirdest bug - I started playing the game, and I can see no dialogue text. All the rest is working, but I can't se what anyone is saying. The "background paper" opens, and there is delay for (wha I assume to be) the text to be written out, and the little "continue"-sign in the lower right corner...but no text. Anybody got anything similar?
Hmm, that's odd. I had that with a version of glshim, but then I fixed that... Can you check with some other SGX driver?

Ok, I just tried, and yes, no text ?!!! How can I have missed that  :unsure: .

I'll update the code and make a fresh compile, update glshim also, and upload a new release... Sorry for that broken one.

*EDIT* And the good news: v1.0 is out, so the entire Episode I will be playable :)

Back