Heroes of M&M 3 on Pandora - is it possible?

aszu

Still Fresh
I wonder if it is possible to play HOMM3 on Pandora? Or maybe make a port? Or maybe anyone tried it under qemu? Would it be playable?

I know of HOMM2, but HOMM3 is the best one in a serie, imho.

The engine rewrite is not complete afaik. This could be used to play it though.
You can try with win95/98 on qrmu, but I don't know how playable that would be. It should run at least.

You could check the status of wine on arm and help them out. http://wiki.winehq.org/ARM

Wine for ARM would only be helpful if the source code of the game was available.  It won't magically get regular X86 windows programs to work, It will only will help windows programs compiled for ARM to work in Linux ARM.  However the source code for VCMI Project can be compiled for Linux, so wine really isn't needed.

i would more than happily donate to a project that allows to play homm3 on pandora:)

Fheroes2 is for HOMM 2.

Openhomm hasn't seen an update since 2010 and seems to be in early stages.

VCMI is promising but not complete. You could certainly do a compile of that for the Pandora though and see if it is good enough.

Building vcmi right now. Might take a while though, no access to my notebook so compiling on Pandora itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
mcobit, i`m really looking forward for this!

Also, maybe we should set up a bounty, what do you think?

Compilation crashed a few times. I only have a cc Pandora...

Will get back to this when I finished duke3d multiplayertesting.

Compilation crashed a few times. I only have a cc Pandora...

Will get back to this when I finished duke3d multiplayertesting.
I was able to compile this twice like 2 month ago ;)

Tried it yesterday and it also crashed...

An other Problem is the "not-native-resoultion" of 800×480 which is not supported by vcmi at this moment.

There is a community-hack which provides this (I found it at their formum here forum.vcmi.eu).

Is anyone trying to get this running at the moment or should I give it a try again??!!

Requirements are a Pentium 133MHz. I don't think it will be very fluid.

Hi,is there a Demo out that i can Test under Windows95 and my GHZ Pandora with Qemu?

Have you a Link?
I test this then this Evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back