Need help with 3 apps.

Kelvin

Pixel Mercenary
Website
www.kelvinshadewing.net
1: Pidgin.

When I try to connect to Yahoo, it immediately disconnects and gives me an input/output error. I've tried different accounts, but always get the same problem.

2: DOSBox.

I can't type in : (colon). Like, at all. It makes it impossible for me to switch drives.

3: I´m trying to find a MIDI sequencer that lets you just write notes onto a track instead of having to connect a keyboard or other instrument. I can write melodies; I just can't play them. Does anyone know of such an app?

3: I think lmms might be what you are looking for ... or does it have to be midi?

lmms can import but not export midi

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't type in : (colon). Like, at all. It makes it impossible for me to switch drives.
To get : (colon) do Shift + ; (semicolon). That is Fn, then Shift + ; (semicolon).
Thing is that DosBox seems to have different keyboard layout (ie. english keyboard, you can check it with Ctrl + F1) than what Pandora uses.

3: I think lmms might be what you are looking for ... or does it have to be midi?

lmms can import but not export midi
Well, not really, but I prefer having the option of MIDIs available. Also, that app doesn't seem to be in the repo.

To get : (colon) do Shift + ; (semicolon). That is Fn, then Shift + ; (semicolon).

Thing is that DosBox seems to have different keyboard layout (ie. english keyboard, you can check it with Ctrl + F1) than what Pandora uses.
Ohhhhhh, why didn't I try that? Thanks!

New problem, though: DB mounts C: automatically without allocating freespace. I tried entering dismount and unmount, but those commands don't work. How do I change how DB mounts C:confused: On the PC version, I just used the shortcut arguments to change the starting mount, but that doesn't work here. If I can't dismount or set arguments in the shortcut, is there a way to set the freespace with a drive already mounted?

x1212, on 02 Jun 2014 - 10:28 PM, said: 3: I think lmms might be what you are looking for ... or does it have to be midi? lmms can import but not export midi Well, not really, but I prefer having the option of MIDIs available. Also, that app doesn't seem to be in the repo.
http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=lmms ;)

There might be better ones, but this is the only I really used (but without too much success due to lack of musical talent). Also it's gui might not be working too well on Pandoras small screen, but it should be useable.

about #1 (I saw your comment on the repo too btw) t's just that yahoo changed its protocol (once again) it's probably fixed in a newer pidgi release. Yet that newer pidgin version will be a pain to port as it requiered many new libraries (I bet it's doable with C:: B)

Compiling latest pidgin right now. Lets see how it turns out.
Thank the current pidgin version crashes after some time when using it in jabber and icq. Maybe a memory hole?

Try this one attached here.

It's very crude and video/voicechat/sound might not work.

Please report if the other stuff is fine.

Well, if that was the case, this build should have the same features like the previous one :)

Well, if that was the case, this build should have the same features like the previous one :)
Nope my build had video working (you dont remember ? you tested it :D ) I dont know about the lastest one on the repo as it's fahrstuhl work.BTW you're now maintainer on the repo for this entry

Here is a newer version, where voice/videochat etc. should work. Also I had an error with ssl that is now hopefully resolved.

Please try and report!

pidgin.pnd

Attachments

• pidgin.pnd
    20.2 MB · Views: 140
And here is one with the whatsapp plugin.

I cannot test it though.

i think yahoo still has this strange error, but this is the latest stable version available.

Could trys latest svn though.

pidgin.pnd

Attachments

• pidgin.pnd
    19.5 MB · Views: 116
Alright, gonna try the new one. That reminds me, I need to build Json-Glib for Pandora so I can port the Steam plugin.

Also, no wonder I couldn't find the MIDI app, I mistook the lower case L for an upper case I.

[EDIT]

Yahoo's still not working. :(

A lot of people seem to post issues with the yahoo plugin recently.

maybe we have to wait for a newer version.

latest dev snapshot needs a newer webkit unfortunately. Have no time to tackle that right now...

Back