Hexen2x Through Gmenu2x Question

Apesandtapes

Still Fresh
EDIT: Well, after I posted this I kept messing around & I downloaded Hexen2x from the file archive again, copied it over the existing files on my SD card again, but this time I also deleted the existing hexndata folder that was on my SD card. When I made a link in Gmenu2x this time, it started right up. So I guess I solved it myself. Now if I can just figure out how to run the different Doom iwads in PrBoom, I'll be totally happy.

I have a Mark 2 GP2X with firmware 3 installed.
Hexen2x - used to run just fine when starting it with the basic firmware launcher from my SD card. I recently installed the most recent Gmenu2x onto my NAND, and have had no problems with launching any program from it except for Hexen2x - I created a link for it in Gmenu2x (to the Hexen2x.gpe file - I also tried the Hexen2x_wad.gpe file. I do have the original hexen.wad file from the actual game in the folder as well) but when I try to start the program it hangs forever on the "Launching Hexen2x" Gmenu screen (I let it sit for about 10 minutes to see if it would eventually load), and I have to turn the GP2X off to get out of it. I tried exiting Gmenu2x and launching it from the base firmware again, but the same thing happens. I've also tried replacing all the files in case any of them somehow got corrupted. Anyone out there successfully run Hexen under Gmenu2x? Or have any insight/suggestions about how I can get it running again?

(As a separate issue, I'm also still confused about how to run the various Doom iwads with PrBoom without having separate copies of PrBoom for each one, but I'm going to keep messing around with that for a bit until I start asking for help here. Basically I can get one to work at a time from the same folder by writing different config files, but even after following the somewhat confusing and contradictory instructions people have given on the forums in the past, I still can't figure out how to be able to simply choose between them. It seems so simple but it keeps not working!)

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Back