Hh Os + Second Cpu = Ps1, Dos Box?

daminator

Hi there!

I'm just curious if there will be the HH OS which allows us to contact the hardware directly and the both CPUs, is THEN a possibility for a PS1 and DOS Box Emu??

Because then we really should use the gp2xs full power, 400MhZ...

What you think?

Ports will never use the gp2x's full power of 400Mhz, but there's no reason why people can't use them. Speed can not be determined until it's actually done however, as until you figure out what optimizations you can do (and have tested them to ensure feasibility), you've pretty much completed the project.

When this was talked about before they were talking about it running in "HH" mode i you wanna call it that.

And as before PS1 is possible, doubtful if it'll ever be full speed with sound as there is no hardware for 3D on the GP2X...

I don't know about DOSBOX, I would love to play some good ole Comander Keen though... :D

When this was talked about before they were talking about it running in "HH" mode i you wanna call it that.

And as before PS1 is possible, doubtful if it'll ever be full speed with sound as there is no hardware for 3D on the GP2X...

I don't know about DOSBOX, I would love to play some good ole Comander Keen though... :D

Both (the PS1 and DOSBOX) will be very slow on the GP2x. Dosbox is not that fast on my Athlon (1.4GHz, much more powerfull than Arm9) and Doom1 is working here just bearably.

Last edited by a moderator:
How come eveyone seems to have a 1.4 ghz athlon that runs like shit? I have a 1ghz duron on one of my pcs that will run N64 and more fine...

i have a POS compaq and my VPR matrix 1100, 2.53ghz, i did some psone emulation and had to runn with framelimiter on, i was in the several hundred fps range and all spazzy, it was an old version of epsxe n64 using ninteen64 with rice 6 works great

Having a second or even a third PC is pretty common. You keep your old computer when you buy a new one. I have 3 myself.

You buy full new computers? You know that upgrading the existing one is much cheaper? :p

Not really. Upgrading only works up to a point and I prefer having several working computers instead of only one and a lot of scrapped components. Besides I use all 3 so I fail to see problem.

i have a 2,2Ghz Athlon XP and a 266mhz notebook + 800Mhz htpc
everone is running well for the things i use them for.

AthlonXP (main pc, video converting, gaming, and so on and on)
266mhz Notebook (runs linux and dos, use linux for playing around and dos for games, snes etc)
800Mhz Htpc (watching movies on tv, dvd player, emu machine)

My Notebook is a 3,2GHz 64bit AMD one with 1 Gig DDR RAM and an 60 Gig 7200rpm harddisk :)

Desktop machine:
Athlon 64 3000+ @ 3500+(2250MHz)
1gig of ram
160gb DimondMax 10
6600GT Video Card
Audigy/DVD+/-RW(+DL)/Aluminum Case!

Each day is becoming older, but I am sure it will be enough for a very long time to come. (1.5 - 2 years more maybe...)

ok mines a 6.8 ghz p4 with HYPER hyper threading, and 2 6800 ultras and 4 gig of ram, i really need to get more ram...

;) no offense guys just having a smirk.

its actually double the above. :angry:

Back