Hi Im New For The Gp2x

marmaduke

hi i should be getting my gp2x soon and just want know about playing old pc games on it like duke3d and day of the tentacle do i use seperate loaders for them or dose it just load through the pc engine or do i have to do anything eles thanks for replying

liammcc9 posted on Jul 24 2006 at 09:56 PM said:
hi i should be getting my gp2x soon and just want know about playing old pc games on it like duke3d and day of the tentacle do i use seperate loaders for them or dose it just load through the pc engine or do i have to do anything eles thanks for replying
Firstly, pcengine is a console, and has nothing to do with Personal Computers.

Day of the tentacle loads through Scummvm, look for it on the Archive at http://archive.gp2x.de

duke3d has its own interpreter, look in the archive under games, interpreters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those games use there own interpreters. Except that Day of The Tentacle is a scumm game, play it with ScummVM. PcEngine is the Japanese version of the Turbographics 16 game console.

ok i have no idea in a noob at this im ok with putting iso and stuff on the psp is it anything like thatdo any other games load through Scummvm or is just day of the tentacle is there a thng to allow me to play most of the pc games throgh one loader?? and thanks for replying so quick

liammcc9 posted on Jul 24 2006 at 05:04 PM said:
ok i have no idea in a noob at this im ok with putting iso and stuff on the psp is it anything like that

I'm sure you'll be most welcome here, you damn dirty thief :lol:

liammcc9 posted on Jul 24 2006 at 02:04 PM said:
ok i have no idea in a noob at this im ok with putting iso and stuff on the psp is it anything like that

Yeah, same idea there.

If you've ever played games in DOS, it's a little similar to that with how you lay out the files on the card, only there's no installers. You just copy the files to it (usually a game gets its own directory if it has extra data files), and for emulators, there's sometimes a specific place you have to put the ROMs. It'll say in the readme file for an emulator how that part works. It's really not hard at all once you do it a couple times.

what do you mean theif... i will probaly get the hang of it but i just want to find out the most info as i can

do i have to edit the day of the tentacle.exe or just put it on there

liammcc9 posted on Jul 24 2006 at 02:11 PM said:
what do you mean theif... i will probaly get the hang of it but i just want to find out the most info as i can

He is implying that you warezed those .isos. But he's only kidding (see the smiley face?)

ohh ok so you dont really care do any of you have psp

im probaly being really anoying but can the gp2x play exe things

The GP2x doesn't use exes, becauses thats a PC Format. The GP2x uses its own format and will only play games which are released in that format. However games such as Day of the Tentacle work on the emulator Scummvm and Duke has been ported so you'll have to download the specific GP2x version

ok thanks this Scummvm thing is only two folders and two .gpe things so would i just copy them to the memory stick and thats it

liammcc9 posted on Jul 24 2006 at 04:23 PM said:
ohh ok so you dont really care do any of you have psp

im probaly being really anoying but can the gp2x play exe things

Im also pretty much a Noob at the GP2X but I dont think you can use any EXE files.

I have only had mine for about 2 weeks and can say its a small bit of work to make things run, but with some FAQ reading and some extensive board reading (this board) I have found the answer to all my questions. Also this place is good for info http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Games if you click on the name (left side of table) you go to a more indepth help on the stuff.

Good luck, use the search, read alot and when all else fails ask specific questions, the guys here are very Helpfull.

Clok

liammcc9 posted on Jul 24 2006 at 02:33 PM said:
ok thanks this Scummvm thing is only two folders and two .gpe things so would i just copy them to the memory stick and thats it

You also have to copy your game files (read the readme).

sounds easy ok so let me get this striaght all i have to do is copy the files any where on the memory stick and then just copy everything from the real game to the memory stick aswell that easy then go on Scummvm through the gp2x start a thats it that easy nothing eles like having to convert the game or anything like that or have to select the right boot for the game to start like the psp

liammcc9 posted on Jul 24 2006 at 02:42 PM said:
sounds easy ok so let me get this striaght all i have to do is copy the files any where on the memory stick and then just copy everything from the real game to the memory stick aswell that easy then go on Scummvm through the gp2x start a thats it that easy nothing eles like having to convert the game or anything like that or have to select the right boot for the game to start like the psp

Your supposed to put the files where there supposed to go. Look it up.

liammcc9 posted on Jul 24 2006 at 04:47 PM said:
ok well it still sounds easy compared to the psp

Indeed, no screwing with firmware hacks to get things to run.

liammcc9 posted on Jul 24 2006 at 05:47 PM said:
ok well it still sounds easy compared to the psp

That's the point... the only real problems that most people have is reading comprehension: most things are just drag and drop and/or make sure you have the directories right. Instructions are always in the readme.

Back