Hi Supercoders :), You Wanna Earn 100 Euro's By Adjusting A Audio

Jaylink

Website
www.jaylink.nl
Hi Supercoders :), you wanna earn 100 euro's by adjusting a audio player or Creating one new1 ^^

I Realy would Love to have a Dj Audio Player on my Gp2x.
I'm Dj' ing a lot at home and some party's and also learning/experimenting to produce music (Reason 3.0).
I asked about adding dj options somewhere in a release topic of Oldplay long time ago.
i didnt know how to explain it properly at that moment ( was a bitt drunk :) )
So now i'm Asking / Begggggggggging for Something like This :)

Ow Yeah ( I even wanna Pay in Advance ( if it's a trusted coder in my opinion ( i Believe in all coders on the GP32X Forums :) ))
I pay with PayPal or to a Bank account ^^

After many Day's of Thinking, Here is My Dream Layout for Dj ing on the GP2X :

Controls:

Tumbpad or Button Pad (A,B,X,Y):
-------------
Left = Pitch Down by 0.1% (adjustable in a config menu)
Right = Pitch Up by 0.1% (adjustable in a config menu)
Up = Push the audio 100 ms Up (adjustable in a config menu)
Down = Push the audio 100 ms Down (adjustable in a config menu)

Volume:
------------
+ = Volume Up ( 0% -> 90%)
- = Volume Down ( 90% -> 0%)

Back Buttons:
--------------------
L = Pauze ( On and Off )
R = Playing ( Start and Stop )

Select:
----------
Browse the Music Files and Choose One (with controls and buttons you like)

Start:
-------
Config Menu, Exit (with controls and buttons you like)

I Hope someone willing to do this or something close to it....

Greetzzz Jaylink...

Would you only want one song at a time? If not, how would you handle the queue since we only have one out on gp2x?

Yes one song at the time, i have Turntables also, and if this is gonna work i buy a seccnd gp2x to portable dj ing ^^

Ahhh Yes The Queue, i forgot that ^^ ThnX

Then Tumbpad or Button pad has to Do that part ^^

Sounds pretty easy then. If you are serious about the bounty, I'm sure I could knock this out. I've been working on an audio app actually ;) Sequencer though, not a DJ tool. This would be much easier to do.

Edit: oh yeah, this assumes pitch shifting is simple turntable style slowdown/speedup... not a fancy dsp thing.

Great Great ^^ this sound good, and so Fast with the Reply ^^

The Gp2X will be the Cheapest Dj Hardware Mp3/Ogg Player ^^

Pitch = Music speed down or up (Like Bpm up and Down)

Okay, I'll look at this tonight and see how tough it will be. Seems pretty easy. Hardest part will just be coming up with a nice GUI I think.

Okay, I looked at this. Unfortunately, SDL_mixer doesn't support any sort of pitch shift and I'm not seeing a good way to do this inside the SDL_mixer framework. Without that, I'd be looking at a fair bit more work...

Does anyone know how to handle this in SDL mixer? Or would it be pretty easy to decode my own MP3s and use SDL audio functions directly?

dockthepod said:
Does anyone know how to handle this in SDL mixer? Or would it be pretty easy to decode my own MP3s and use SDL audio functions directly?
It would be pretty easy to do that if you got an mp3 decoder library.

Last edited by a moderator:
this sound pretty awesome - i would love to see more apps like this on the 2x

dockthepod: you metioned you were going to make a squencer do you still plan to do that? cos i'd love to be able to make some tunes on the bus to work

looking forward to seeing what you come with - good luck

Yeah, I hope to release my sequencer at some point. It's quite different from everything else out there, for handhelds at least :) It's designed to "jam" on, rather than program. You play the beat with the buttons rather than paint them in some little editor.

If you want something to play with now, there's lgpt and also milkytracker in the archive. I have a hard time creating music with these sorts of apps, so I'm creating my own.

As to the DJ app, it's looking pretty easy, just need to make some time for it. Been working a lot. Stay tuned...

im not really a fan lgpt and milkytracker to hard to use and to restricted - the sort of thing im after is a striped down clone of reason, that sort of thing.

I thought of something like that some time ago, with the players available, the only missing part is the djing frontend, pitch scaler, 3 freq equalizer (with kill support), and ladspa support (with a simple filter selection, echo, flanger, and those more used).

One could use a switch button for playing frontend/playlist.

My earlier suggestion thread

Last edited by a moderator:
lgpt RESTRICTED? JEEZ.. ;)

lgpt is really the most powerful music tool available righrt now. It can do the pitched sample thing requested if you convert the audio file to wav.

You wont have bpm controller, so you have to mess with beat matching, but isn't that the way god intended it?

Piggy tracks with full source:

http://hexawe.net/

Back