Hi Supercoders :), You Wanna Earn 100 Euro's By Adjusting A Audio

dockthepod said:
That's the thing, all he wants is a simple turntable style pitching, not a fancy pitch shifter. All you do is play back the sample at a slower or faster speed by basically changing the sample rate.
Yes, that is what i described and found complicated to implement.
It's theoretically rather easy, but there is however no way to "just increase the samplerate". The best i could do is skipping some samples in the buffer, say, every other sample -> 200% playback.
But thats most likely way to fast, so with (for example) 120% then i could do play 5 out of every 6 samples, and i'm not entirely sure how good that will sound. I will definitly not code some flashier algorithm using some form of interpolation.

But what do i know, maybe it sounds acceptable with the simple method i just described.

Last edited by a moderator:
real_pos = sample_pos*speed_in_percent/100;
.... (do processing using real_pos instead of sample_pos) ....
sample_pos++;

Yeah, I have no idea how you think those lines of code would help, really.
This would have to be applied to the sample buffers that are beeing sent to the audio buffer routines.

Either way, i did some simple tests with skipping every 6th sample, and since it sounds acceptable, i think this is the way i'll go, if/when i get time to do this.

That is great to hear Micket, take u're time ^^, It's summer Hollyday so i don't Expect things at All ^^.

THanx for the Tests so far :)

Back