hide my a** openvpn setup

Eddie

I have finally got the pandora working with my HMA account and the openvpn. Plus I set up a wireless hotspot in my room with wpa2. It is so nice to be able to finally relax a little and I am typeing this from the pandora. I thought I would share the now simingly simple problem solutions I ran into.

I had been sneakernetting to the free wifi hotspot and connecting and testing, back to room, reading manules, repeat. After hotspot setup I found this http://debian-bits-and-snips.blogspot.no/2011/12/openvpn-with-hide-my-ass.html

And it turns out I was copying the keys,certs,and adress correctly but when I enterted the password for the username I was ussing the one they listed me for PPTP and not for my main openVPN account. WOW, two days off for that!

I hope this helps someone. Also I did not have to download any software or packs, pandora alread had everything in the gnome network connections. Did have to download and unzip there server and cert key files to use. During Xmas they run deals that come to around 5 a month, or openvpn has free acconts I belive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just needed the vpn so I could access sites like hulu, anime boobies, and for more security as these wifi hotspots are unencrypted. That is useful to know though, if you planed on doing something illigal. 

oh, I finally made it to a hotspot and the vpn did not work... looked at the setting and it no longer had the keys and crt. After readding these I am now able to use this hotspot with a little more faith. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back