I Want A Mini-Pcie Slot In My Pandora-2

hch said:
but seriously: when pandor2 comes out, it will most certainly have usb 3.0 and SDXC support, which pretty much obsoletes PCIe.
that's nice for storage, but what about wwan/3g?

Last edited by a moderator:
jb0yx said:
hch said:
but seriously: when pandor2 comes out, it will most certainly have usb 3.0 and SDXC support, which pretty much obsoletes PCIe.
that's nice for storage, but what about wwan/3g?

sdio (like the bt already is)? usb?

you can also make them internal, just a matter of case design.

typs lik dis said:
Why not just keep a high-capacity SD card in that slot?

I want two full-size PCIE 2.1 slots and crossfire/SLI capability in the Pandora 2. Also pref. x86 CPU and DDR3 RAM for upgradability and software compatibility. I think that with these features the Pandora would easily replace even my desktop gaming PC :)
Hahaha seriously though...........

I want a built in force feedback steering wheel

hch said:
sdio (like the bt already is)? usb?

you can also make them internal, just a matter of case design.
I would like to see a sdio wwan but they don't exist yet, just wifi to my knowledge.

problem with hardwiring in a 3g card directly is the incompatible wireless frequencies and standards that are used from customers of different countries and wireless carriers. Also you'd be locking yourself into a technology, say wimax/clear/lte/4g becomes a standard, you'd make it really difficult to upgrade. mini-pcie is the industry accepted standard for wwan to my knowledge.

there are some serial and usb->mini-pcie card adapters that can be bought semi-commercially, so the bus might not be a problem if you designed it yourself I'm guessing. I have no hardware hacking experience and don't even own the adapter So basically talking out my butt ;) but it sounds like it would work.

Space might be an issue, but I'd be fine with just 1 sd card slot if it was sdxc.

Back