My ideal setup

Franko

Now this may not work for everybody, but just go with me on this one for a while...

I have my Pandora (ALWAYS) in my pocket - I have baggy pants.  No big deal.  I have room for other things in the right pocket like a tiny bluetooth mouse and my foldable keyboard.  Now we hear that Google Glass has released the kernel for it's hardware.  What I'm wondering about is this - could the OP Team produce a multi-functional device that outputs current standards (hdmi, usb3, etc) and interface with them in the future - YES.

Now, what do we have NOW?  A great product that already runs Android, we have bluetooth already, we could adapt cutting-edge technology to this platform.  I'm not on this level yet to say that I'm a capable Linux user...still learning here.  I'm mor of a thinker and some would say more of a loudmouth - I get that, but I'm excited about this computer that I hold...I was lucky and I did my due diligence.  I've seldom run across problems that I can't fix.  This COMPUTER needs a patient and conscientious user.  Let's face it...it's not like putting Poptarts into a Toaster (which has 3 steps of ingredients BTW) - see Brian Reagan's take on that one...but  cereally, I can't be happier with my purchase and I like to uhhh learn stuff.  So what.

Oh yeah!  My point!  I think that we could make use of that whole Google Glass thing...(eats Poptart crumbs off of shirt)...sorry...a bit preoccupied.  I like our community.  I want it to grow.  I want the OP Team to be successful.  HOW do we do that?  Put the word out...I am currently doing my small part.  It starts with an avalanche...no, maybe that's not the right metaphor...

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you saying, it would be nice to connect HDMI and USB3 to your Pandora, or a similar device?  Sure, that would be nice.

Many phones have the hdmi out, and USB3 is "coming soon".

The current Pandora cannot do this, we have USB2 and old-TV-quality video out.

Having a full-size USB port is very useful.  I don't really need faster USB on Pandora.

USB2 can already transfer like 35MB / sec (2GB / minute), not sure if the Pandora achieves that or not.

I would like to have HD video out, though.

I love my Pandora, but a really good phone with iCP2 and Pandora-like Linux OS will be pretty awesome too.

Back