Hide some icons on the desktop (Vice)

spn-x

Hi,

I like to have my fav. apps/emus on the desktop. So I also have Vice on the desktop.. but I mainly need the x64 app and don't need the other 5 that come with the vice.pnd ( xVIC, CMB,.... ) Can I hide just the 5 I don't need ?

Thanks, spn-x

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this helps, but icon positions seem to survive an eject/remount cycle. You can even make a 'hidden' folder called '.hide' which won't appear on your desktop, but if you right click the backdrop and select the slightly confusingly named 'Open in New Window' from the menu, then ensure 'View hidden files' is enabled in the view menu of the window that appears, you can then see it and move shortcuts into it.

However, I've not tested to see if this survives a reboot, or even a logout/login cycle, so I've no idea if it'll last. Also, creating a folder on the desktop modifies the Desktop folder in your home directory, so that's counts as a write to your NAND flash (but nothing on the scale of a reflash), so use at your own risk.

Speaking of icons on the desktop if I may... :unsure: ....

Has anyone found a game that will only play from the desktop/XFCE and not from the menu?? Or..will only play from the menu if it is also located on the desktop?

I for one have had this occur with a few games.

Last edited:
Speaking of icons on the desktop if I may... :unsure: ....

Has anyone found a game that will only play from the desktop/XFCE and not from the menu?? Or..will only play from the menu if it is also located on the desktop?

I for one have had this occur with a few games.
Never heard of it, as these are just "desktop" files that are created by the pnddeamon and just copied to the right directories, I doubt this is possible

Perhaps you will find this useful?

- Neelix
Thank you sooooo much :) That's what I wanted.
Another solution should be to use ovr - Files. These can be easily created by using minimenu (through the app - contextmenu). I'm currently not able to test it myself, but I'm quite confident that it will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back