Hip Hop Trivia Thread

A_SN said:
A chance he didn't actually lock, cause I haven't told you guys that the answer to my question was Just-Ice.
Can you support that with a link? Not that it matters now, but it would sorta make your question pointless if it did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
Rock trivia!

Add some punk in there so Telco has a chance, as well. :p
Telco is leaving, man. :(

But, what do you guys think? I personally would like to see a rock thread, and then afterwards a Techno & House music thread.

Well I have an idea for this thread. All scores are cleared, and we'll start fresh. This time it's a free-for-all!

Rules:
  • Questions may be asked only when the floor is open, not when there is an existing question in the air
  • Questions may not be answered by the one who asked it
  • Answers must be confirmed before a new question may be asked
  • The same person may not present a question twice in a row; give others a chance to ask!
  • Try to ask questions that are not easily searchable through wikipedia or google; no lyrics or "what's this rapper's real name??" type questions
  • Questions worth more than 1 point must specify what they are worth
  • The first person to reach 50 points wins Round 2!
  • When a question is confirmed correct, carry the scores over (obviously ;) )
This record label owner and popular producer is based in the south. So are most of his clients.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
A_SN said:
A chance he didn't actually lock, cause I haven't told you guys that the answer to my question was Just-Ice.
Can you support that with a link? Not that it matters now, but it would sorta make your question pointless if it did.

As for the Chi Ali being featured on Americas Most Wanted, he was proceeded 11 years ago when rapper Just Ice graced was spotlighted on the show..
from http://www.daveyd.com/FullArticles/articleN610.asp

Amongst his numerous exploits, he once appeared on America's Most Wanted for shotting a drug dealer in DC.
from http://unkut.vox.com/library/posts/2006/07/

also numerous links here http://www.google.com/search?&q=%22jus...27s+most+wanted

Well I have an idea for this thread. All scores are cleared, and we'll start fresh. This time it's a free-for-all!

Rules:
  • Questions may be asked only when the floor is open, not when there is an existing question in the air
  • The same person may not present a question twice in a row; give others a chance to ask!
  • Try to ask questions that are not easily searchable through wikipedia or google; no lyrics or "what's this rapper's real name??" type questions
This record label owner and popular producer is based in the south. So are most of his clients.

That's quite broad, but is it Baby? ;)

Rules:

Rap-A-Lot's Lil' Jay? (don't know about the spelling)

OMars said:
Nova said:
Rock trivia!

Add some punk in there so Telco has a chance, as well. :p
Telco is leaving, man. :(

But, what do you guys think? I personally would like to see a rock thread, and then afterwards a Techno & House music thread.

Drum and bass!!! B)

The answer is "no" to all guesses thus far.

Hint: He basically runs rap in the south, especially Atlanta where he lives and owns businesses
Ain't that problematic if there are many possible valid answers to that question but that there's only one you consider valid? ;)

A_SN said:

Hint: He basically runs rap in the south, especially Atlanta where he lives and owns businesses
Ain't that problematic if there are many possible valid answers to that question but that there's only one you consider valid? ;)

No. There's only 1 answer to the question, sorry.

Well here's another hint so we can move on: Many of his clients shout his label name at the beginning of their hit songs.

A_SN said:

No. There's only 1 answer to the question, sorry.

Well here's another hint so we can move on: Many of his clients shout his label name at the beginning of their hit songs.

Errr... Jermaine Dupri and Cash Money? Master P and No Limit?

Um, well I'll give it to you, even though J. Dupri is with So So Def, not cash money.

Score: 1/50

A_SN: 1
Yeepee! So, who's asking the next question? Me maybe? I could think up a few good ones but they're not Google-proof.

He was an underground legend who died a few years ago from a motorbike accident.

This thread is going downhill... :blink: how about a new thread for another type of music? Not everybody here likes rap, and they deserve to try their hand at some questions. You can continue with this thread, but we should at least start another thread.

So what do you say?

Back