Hip Hop Trivia Thread

A_SN said:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
A_SN said:
So I'll re-iterate my unanswered question, which I guess is hard enough.

Who was the first rapper to be featured on the show America's Most Wanted?
Chi Ali

I dont think this is hard enough. ;)

If it's not hard enough, how come you've got the wrong answer? ;)

Ok, I think that this should be the question. I just google searched the answer, as I've already lost the game, and couldn't find the answer. This one is super tough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly noone is going to get that, as it's going to be based on guesswork from now on, and if for some inexplicable reason someone does guess it, it will be luck rather than knowledge.

How about this one:

An artist recently sampled a song by a group (whos name contradicts their true genre) for his/her song?

Name the artist, group and song names (original and remake).

No googling, niggas.

Nova said:
Clearly noone is going to get that, as it's going to be based on guesswork from now on, and if for some inexplicable reason someone does guess it, it will be luck rather than knowledge.
Yeah, guessing isn't an option here. Hint : that was a long time ago, and while the person was kind of famous, little is known about him.

As for your question, the only band I know which names contradicts its true genre is Average White Band, and since googling is forbidden here I won't be able to go further in my answer.

I'll be the one to break the news here: nova's question was a little faulty. The answer is kanye's new song "stronger", in which he uses samples- nova took sampling as "rehashing" the old song. Anyway he didnt tell you all so I thought I should.

As for asn's question: is the guy related to tupac? I know a relative who had a short rapping career was featured on the show a long time ago.

I'll be the one to break the news here: nova's question was a little faulty. The answer is kanye's new song "stronger", in which he uses samples- nova took sampling as "rehashing" the old song. Anyway he didnt tell you all so I thought I should.

As for asn's question: is the guy related to tupac? I know a relative who had a short rapping career was featured on the show a long time ago.
Not related to 2Pac at all. A long time ago? How long ago? Just checking, in case I'm wrong :)

Ok, it's taken way too long for a final question to be agreed on:

Name one Muslim rapper (whether public about it or not) from the West Coast, the East Coast, and the Midwest. You have a lot of choices for the Midwest and you would be shocked to find out which rappers are actually Muslim. :blink:

I'll take a stab at this:

Mos Def: east
Lupe fiasco: midwest
Chali 2na (from jurassic 5): west coast
?

Oh man. You're pretty good. If nobody can post the name of my last question, then you win.

Name either a West Coast rapper from the 90's and an East Coast rapper from the 90's (that still raps) that you wouldn't even guess was a Muslim, and you will win. I'm serious, you wouldn't even believe it. ;)

You say to name "either" but there's no "or" in the sentence. I might know the answer to this but I need the question clarified before I guess.
That's what I meant. :unsure: Let's see what you got!

Huge hint for my question : the guy is related to KRS-One

As for muslim rappers, I know Q-Tip, Kam, Ice Cube, MC Ren, Paris, Ali Shaheed Muhammad and err.. that's all I can think about

OMars said:
You say to name "either" but there's no "or" in the sentence. I might know the answer to this but I need the question clarified before I guess.
That's what I meant. :unsure: Let's see what you got!

No, what I'm saying is that your sentence isn't gramatically correct so I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking!

The word "or" usually needs to be in the sentence when you use the word "either".

Name either a West Coast rapper from the 90's OR an East Coast rapper from the 90's (that still raps) that you wouldn't even guess was a Muslim, and you will win. I'm serious, you wouldn't even believe it.

^ Is that what you're trying to ask? If so, my guess is Busta Rhymes... :unsure:

No, what I'm saying is that your sentence isn't gramatically correct so I'm having trouble understanding what you're asking!

The word "or" usually needs to be in the sentence when you use the word "either".

Name either a West Coast rapper from the 90's OR an East Coast rapper from the 90's (that still raps) that you wouldn't even guess was a Muslim, and you will win. I'm serious, you wouldn't even believe it.

^ Is that what you're trying to ask? If so, my guess is Busta Rhymes... :unsure:

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's my honor to present to you the winner of the Hip Hop Trivia Thread - daclassicgamingmaster. Great job, man!

Score: 50/50

*DCGM - 13*

virusx - 12
mdinire - 9
OMars - 5
Fyvve - 3
Nova - 2
peelie - 2
triksR4rabits - 2
blah - 1
sensible GP32 - 1

Now to decide which thread to make next:
-techno trivia
-rock trivia
-other suggestion?

Rock trivia!

Add some punk in there so Telco has a chance, as well. :p

cool. ok, ive been planing this if I won:

NOW YOU KNOW WHO HOLDIN THE THRONE SO GIMME THE CROWN
NIGGAS SOLUTIN AND TRYIN TO GIVE ME A POUND
I DON'T REALLY FUCK WITH YOU NIGGAS YOU NIGGAS IS CLOWNS
MAKIN THE BITCHES STRIPPIN THROW THEY SHIT ON THE GROUND

B)

A chance he didn't actually lock, cause I haven't told you guys that the answer to my question was Just-Ice.

Back