Hip Hop Trivia Thread

virusx said:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
Holy shit, I've never even heard of this guy! He sounds EXACTLY like biggie :blink:

Too bad he can't touch the man lyrically ;)
I never heard his name once in my life. I will try to listen to some tracks by this guy.
Plastic B.I.G. ? Can be funny!?!
Is it really LIKE biggie?

he sounds like big and is o.k., but not all that great
"400 Shotz" was a nice diss track... and very long.

Last edited by a moderator:
virusx said:
Holy shit, I've never even heard of this guy! He sounds EXACTLY like biggie :blink:

Too bad he can't touch the man lyrically ;)
I never heard his name once in my life. I will try to listen to some tracks by this guy.
Plastic B.I.G. ? Can be funny!?!
Is it really LIKE biggie?

I remember seeing one of his music videos ages ago, I think Diddy was in the video too, that made him seem like even more of a Biggie clone

Never heard much from him since then apart from speaking on one of the Beef DVDs

If you want a good rapper who sounds similar to Biggie my advise is Big Pun :p

A Biggie sound-alike? Guerilla Black or some name to that effect maybe?

Well, I learned of a new artist.

Anyway, 2pac's infamous diss track "Hit 'Em Up" was mainly brought on by what he perceived to be a diss track created regarding his 1994 shooting in NYC. Name said diss track.

No idea...

But I got this interview bookmarked from right after he got shot, and I have this quote, which I love from it:

"I didn't know I was shot in the head yet. I didn't feel nothing. I opened my pants, and I could see the gunpowder and the hole in my Karl Kani drawers. I didn't want to pull them down to see if my dick was still there. I just saw a hole and went, "Oh sh*t. Roll me some weed."

<3 2Pac

Anyway, 2pac's infamous diss track "Hit 'Em Up" was mainly brought on by what he perceived to be a diss track created regarding his 1994 shooting in NYC. Name said diss track.
Who Shot Ya?

mdinire said:
Who Shot Ya?

yep

mdinire said:
Who Shot Ya?
I really like this track! The lyrics aren't crazy (still nice Biggie flow!) but the instrumental is really cool.
On my first vinyl the sound is so shity now because of the intense mixes.
Hopefully I have a second (and 3rd ;) ) copy ready for a mix.

EDIT:
I think (I don't have any speaker at work) I have the track in a short mix I've done in 2000 in one shot at the studio I used to have.
My tiny unfinished little webpage
Go to "listen" and find the hip hop mix.

If you couldn't see the java player (it's broken in many browsers as I made this player with an old build):
The 23 minutes mix is "[Mix_Virus]-Hip_Hop-11.05.00.mp3"

Who shot ya? Separate the weak from the ob-sol-ete :p

yeah. You're giving me a run for my money ;)

Score: 30/50

DCGM - 8
virusx - 6
mdinire - 6
OMars - 4
Nova - 2
peelie - 2
triksR4rabits - 2
blah - 1

What rapper from an underground L.A. Rap Group recently released a solo album with a style a lot more different the the groups other albums?

I know, it's worded strangely, but some people will understand it this way...

Del tha Funkee Homosapien?
He is from Oakland and hasn't released an album for over 2 years ;)

I have no idea about this question myself. :unsure:

mdinire said:
Del tha Funkee Homosapien?
He is from Oakland and hasn't released an album for over 2 years ;)

I have no idea about this question myself. :unsure:

whoops, I missed "recently released". I know del is coming out with a new album this year though.

Yeah I can't wait, I even bought the DVD with the same title "11th Hour", it shows his AIM address :eek:

BTW, the hint was in the post, just in case you couldn't figure it out. It's different then the other words in the post. ;)

i'm guessing thes one of PUTS, but i haven't actually heard his album. Gotta get it though, i'm a big fan of people under the stairs...

Back