Hopefully dumb question about defective units.

In production and manufacturering....there is always QA testing and product testing

QA tesing will be done by the manufacturing plant (commonly done) and Product testing, or finalized testing will be done by sender/ retailer, wholesaler......

yeah, IIRC Craig has always tested GP2X`s or whatever before he sends em, I recall him posting a year or so back about working late the eve of the last posting day before christmas testing units before they sent em out to arrive in time for the day, he seems a sound enough guy (and Ive been lurking around Gbax websites FOREVER, always good feedback on these forums)

also you have to think a unit using electronics designed to go inside a mobile phone is gonna be inherently more rugged than say a laptop, and it should be more reliable than the dev units, which are lying uncased on desktops with croc clips for power couplings etc, I haven't heard of any of them failing

in fact craigix will be doing well out of me, I just bought a new GP2X, intending to release some games for it, and now I think I will wait for a batch 2 Pandora and develop for that instead, gonna keep the GP2X as a "toy" tho, still great for on the move stuff.

hobbyman

Back