Horizontal Line Artifacts on Screen

RodrigoCard

What could it be?
I have my pandora since 2013 and never had problems....

Video:

Pics:
2016-06-20%2013.20.50.jpg

2016-06-20%2013.21.00.jpg

2016-06-20%2013.23.26.jpg

Also, the lighter parts of the image seems to not be affected:
2016-06-20%2013.23.54.jpg

What Can I do? :(

Last edited:
That is the purple tint of death. Does the angle of the screen do any different?

You might want to ensure the LCD cable is plugged in all the way.. if so then it's time to RMA your pandora.

That is the purple tint of death. Does the angle of the screen do any different?

No, the angle affects nothing.
The only thing that affects this is the amount of lighter pixels on the same line of the screen (check the firefox icon on the first and second images)

Hm, so it's out of warranty. We could still replace your LCD, should add that to the shop as well.

Hm, so it's out of warranty. We could still replace your LCD, should add that to the shop as well.

I am currently living in south america. The shipping costs would be prohibitive. I think I can fix it myself. I just need the parts.

By the way, I read about the purple tint of death, it kinda looks like this, but not exactly.
So, it could be the Screen or the cable, right?

EDIT: Some times looks like this: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/is-this-the-dreaded-purple-tint-of-death.61428/

I also got my Pandora in 2013, mine is a ReBirth. Out of curiosity, what model is yours? I heard that the LCD ribbon cable was improved for the ReBirth and later units.

I also got my Pandora in 2013, mine is a ReBirth. Out of curiosity, what model is yours? I heard that the LCD ribbon cable was improved for the ReBirth and later units.
It is the 1ghz model :)

Rodrigo, hold the backside of the screen (where the pandora logo is) with your palm, use your thumb to press gently on the front side as indicated:
presshere.jpeg

Now, with your right hand, hold the lid, but with your thumb above the right speaker, gently bend. This, sometimes, gives you back your normal colours (as the contacts are not totally gone). After this, do not open/close the lid (except when you can not protect the screen)

Rodrigo, hold the backside of the screen (where the pandora logo is) with your palm, use your thumb to press gently on the front side as indicated:
View attachment 28675

Now, with your right hand, hold the lid, but with your thumb above the right speaker, gently bend. This, sometimes, gives you back your normal colours (as the contacts are not totally gone). After this, do not open/close the lid (except when you can not protect the screen)

I tried this, zero difference. It is probably the Screen itself, not the cable, as @EvilDragon Said. right?

If it is the screen, I think I am Screwed! I found no replacement screens in the shop
https://www.dragonbox.de/en/81-screen

Is the 404 page an error, or is there no screens available @EvilDragon ?

I'm sure if in the end it IS the screen and not the cable, ED may have some spares for RMA work, you may be able to get him to send you one.

No worries, we have quite a bit of screens left, just didn't put them online until we finished building all remaining Pandoras.

Reactions: rSl
Back