Horizontal Scaling On Picodrive Not Working

8BitKid

Still Fresh
I have v.1.80 of PicoDrive installed on my Caanoo. With any Genesis game, I cannot disable horizontal scaling. Vertical scaling and Vsync can be correctly toggled, but changing the setting for horizontal scaling does nothing. It never seems to render the game in 4:3.

Not entirely sure I understand you correctly, so forgive me if I'm barking up the wrong tree. The horizontal scaling will not affect all games as some Genesis games use a resolution with a width of 320 which matches the resolution of the Caanoo and so scaling is not required. Which game are you having problems with?

Reesy said:
Not entirely sure I understand you correctly, so forgive me if I'm barking up the wrong tree. The horizontal scaling will not affect all games as some Genesis games use a resolution with a width of 320 which matches the resolution of the Caanoo and so scaling is not required. Which game are you having problems with?

Thanks for the info. I am seeing no difference with enabling/disabling software scaling on:

Earthworm Jim
Sonic the Hedgehog
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
Road Rash 3

With NHL 95, with software scaling disabled, certain parts of the game seem to be fullscreen (320), while others run in more of square resolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back