Release Hotfix 2 For Zaxxon Released

Aaaah, yes, it is indeed the same application name as HotFix 1 - so REMOVE HOTFIX 1 to make it show up in XFCE4 :)

It can safely installed from MiniMenu or XFCE4 :)

I had the same problem regarding the appstore. Downloading it from there wouldn't work (didn't show up on Pandora). Downloaded it from your link and fine.......strange. I've had this with emu's from the appstore, and Fennec too.

NickLoTurco said:
I had the same problem regarding the appstore. Downloading it from there wouldn't work (didn't show up on Pandora). Downloaded it from your link and fine.......strange. I've had this with emu's from the appstore, and Fennec too.
Perhaps the appstore/file archive could show the md5 hash of the file being downloaded, so it would be easy to determine whether the PND was corrupted.

Last edited by a moderator:
OH DEAR! Hotfix 2 has buggered my Pandora a little. The icons on the taskbar on the left (where thePandora icon is), thoose four icons have turned into little toolboxes! First of all the Pandora icon (start) disappeared. I rebooted to see if it would come back, now all I can see are those toolboxes, they don;t do anything when clicked on. WTF????!!!!!

NOTE:
If you downloaded and installed the Hotfix 2 before this post here, there was a little bug in there!
The permissions for the new op_lcdrate-script were wrong, therefore it is not working.

To fix this, either redownload the package and reinstall it - or type the following command in a terminal:
sudo chmod +x /usr/pandora/scripts/op_lcdrate.sh

That will fix it.

NickLoTurco said:
OH DEAR! Hotfix 2 has buggered my Pandora a little. The icons on the taskbar on the left (where thePandora icon is), thoose four icons have turned into little toolboxes! First of all the Pandora icon (start) disappeared. I rebooted to see if it would come back, now all I can see are those toolboxes, they don;t do anything when clicked on. WTF????!!!!!

Well, Hotfix 2 doesn't touch anything there - but reading up all the problems you had (especially the error message about network problem when starting up XFCE4), you seem to have had a bad flash from the very beginning.
Tried a reflash yet? Various people tried to help you there, but you didn't really answer what you did and tried.

pferguso said:
I got the update, and it appeared to install correctly, but how can I launch apps from the SD card in the mini menu?

You mean the File Browser? It's hidden now, you can unhide it (skeezix knows how, I haven't checked)

Last edited:
Weird, my wifi was working fine until I installed hotfix 2 and now it seems kind of unhappy! I hadn't bothered installing hotfix 1, wonder if that had something to do with it? I might go back to the original firmware to see if that makes any difference...

G189 said:
Weird, my wifi was working fine until I installed hotfix 2 and now it seems kind of unhappy! I hadn't bothered installing hotfix 1, wonder if that had something to do with it? I might go back to the original firmware to see if that makes any difference...

Strange... WiFi works fine for me; posting this from my Pandora right now.

-God Ginrai

Hm, the only thing that changed in the WiFi area was a script that enables the LEDs... no new driver, nothing changed.
Also, WiFi still works fine on my unit, too.

skeezix said:
Puppydee - look carefully; maybe it's called Hotfix, or Pandora Hotfix or what? Is it in System?

Jeffphone

I got it installed now, it was funny because it only appeared in my menu after I deleted the Hotfix1.pnd from my sdcard, weird but it's sorted now :)

It's weird, I hadn't changed anything else afaik... now it connects to the router without dropping out but won't load any webpages. I've tried the 'sudo ifconfig usb0 down' command in the terminal but no dice. Let me try installing hotfix 2 again...

Hopefully, it'll work out ok. For the record, my wifi's fine too. I do get alot of browser crashes but mainly when using the nubs and the drag copy action is triggered.

G189 said:
It's weird, I hadn't changed anything else afaik... now it connects to the router without dropping out but won't load any webpages. I've tried the 'sudo ifconfig usb0 down' command in the terminal but no dice. Let me try installing hotfix 2 again...

Have you tried 'sudo ifconfig wlan0 up'?

EDIT: Someone correct me if that is not the right command.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
G189 said:

Have you tried 'sudo ifconfig wlan0 up'?

EDIT: Someone correct me if that is not the right command.

-God Ginrai

Thanks for that - I figured I'd sleep on it and it seems to be working today, so I haven't tried that but I'll definitely use it if it happens again :)

Just a small note on something I noticed... After installing hotfix 2, if I suspend the Pandora then start it up again, it seems that the left analog nub has a problem going left. Recalibrating the nub doesn't help and it's only solved by rebooting.

Hooka said:
Just a small note on something I noticed... After installing hotfix 2, if I suspend the Pandora then start it up again, it seems that the left analog nub has a problem going left. Recalibrating the nub doesn't help and it's only solved by rebooting.

Must be a coincidence - as nothing has changed there. Neither scripts nor anything else around the nubs or sleep mode :)

Last edited:
Boy am I a dumbass, I don't remember if I ran the first hotfix as per the instructions. I also don't remember installing the codecs as per the instructions. i simply placed the files on my SD card in the appropriate places but didn't run the files for some reason.

The Pandora worked very well without them for the record.

Peace & hotfixed,

Link

Back