HotFix 4B3 TV Out Script

Link

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
Now that I don't have to use terminal or command line for TV Out, I was just wondering how long it might be until these cables reach the light of day. They are buried in a volcano somewhere in Patagonia if I recall.

I look forward to using my TV Out and wireless game controller.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Now that I don't have to use terminal or command line for TV Out, I was just wondering how long it might be until these cables reach the light of day. They are buried in a volcano somewhere in Patagonia if I recall.

I look forward to using my TV Out and wireless game controller.

Peace & Pandora,

Link
I dunno, but i know OPT has to order a minimum of 10,000 for the company to actually make them. So i'd assume some time during or after batch 2 shipping. Shame the case company (who produces the tv-out cables too, AFAIK) couldn't cut him a deal as an apology for taking so damn long to actually produce the cases

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not make them mandatory, add $25-$30 onto the normal cost and include them in the box? Could easily make this adjustment with batch 2 preorderers.

Might get 10000 ordered sooner then.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Can't wait for the cable. Got pad, mouse and keyboard. Just need tv out

Some dude on the ARCHAIC ANCIENT forums was maybe buying the connectors to make some cables.2 months for the parts to get to him though.Hope someone homebrews them.

I think it was in the iCP thread on the other forums.

Edit:

ED said:
Azure said:
What about the TV-Out cables we're still waiting on? Would spending less time on the iControlPad and more time on the TV-Out cables help get them to customers? Or is the current status TV-Out cable production out of your hands (last I remember reading there were some negotiation issues about minimum order size?)?

As said multiple times: The TV Out Cables are ready for production, but the amount (10.000 pieces!) they want at the moment is ridiculous.

As it's done by the same company that does the casing, trying to negotiate with them to get the cables in smaller amounts will certainly be easier once we got the rest of the cases (including the ones for Batch 2) from them.

So until the second batch cases are produced (most likely finished in October), it doesn't make sense discussing with them. That's something I posted a few times already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that info. No wonder I never found it, ICP is of no interest to me. But I think i've been pretty good on my stalking skills.

Since the case company wants 10K produced, why not find someone else? That's nonsense 10K. If someone can homebrew these things, there has to be more than one company in the world that can produce it.

This just seems like weak sauce to me. I don't mean to be negative, I'm just trying to come to terms with this new enlightenment.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

looks like ED would have rather not repost that very information again.

But yeah, I would love a TV out cable immediately with my pandora but it does not seem to be happening very quickly.

looks like ED would have rather not repost that very information again.

But yeah, I would love a TV out cable immediately with my pandora but it does not seem to be happening very quickly.

Huh? Why not?

Plans are to produce them in October.

I think it's because you mention (twice) that you've said it many times.

I haven't been following the old forums for a while, so I'm not up-to-date.. what's with the TV cables? I haven't got my Pandora yet, or any email about when, but hopefully it'll be here soon. Anyway, I ordered a TV cable at the same time, 23 months back. So, aren't those cables we ordered back then ready yet? Or are you talking about new orders for cables?

-Tor

I haven't been following the old forums for a while, so I'm not up-to-date.. what's with the TV cables? I haven't got my Pandora yet, or any email about when, but hopefully it'll be here soon. Anyway, I ordered a TV cable at the same time, 23 months back. So, aren't those cables we ordered back then ready yet? Or are you talking about new orders for cables?

Your answer is has been posted two posts above yours: Production is planned for October. :)

Your answer is has been posted two posts above yours: Production is planned for October. :)
Well, what I didn't know was if that would be for _new_ orders or not.

It's kind of a bummer that cables aren't ready when the Pandora is,

after two years since the orders went in. Because I seem to remember reports a year ago, or

at least half a year ago, that cables were ready. Oh well.

Back