How Are You Feeling About The Pandora Today?

Popcorn Dave said:
But the Pandora doesn't have a native version of Gpsp, it plays the Wiz version through GINGE. You can get around the glitch by moving the SRAM to the PC, playing through, and then putting it back.
It would look MUCH better if it was native on the Pandora though as it could make use of the higher resolution for finer scaling (3X modes etc). Now through Ginge it fractionally scales a GBA screen to 320 x 240 then doubles that again giving a super pixelly and at the same time blurry look. It looks hideous. It doesn't look like a native port will happen as Exophase has no interest in porting it and no one else seems capable/willing to do it either :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I saw that thread and you're probably right, it's a bit annoying but it's the sort of thing that might change once more of them have been delivered. Until yesterday it looked like the Caanoo wasn't going to get DrPocketSnes either!

Popcorn Dave said:
But the Pandora doesn't have a native version of Gpsp, it plays the Wiz version through GINGE. You can get around the glitch by moving the SRAM to the PC, playing through, and then putting it back.

Isn't visualboy on the pandora? I've seen the pnd file in the file archive.

[quote name='fettouhi' date='20 December 2010 - 10:23 AM' timestamp='1292840623' ]
Still, as long as I can get past that darn place in Minish Cap I'm happy.
[/quote]

Did you try doing it on the PC yet?

Popcorn Dave said:
[quote name='fettouhi' date='20 December 2010 - 10:23 AM' timestamp='1292840623' ]
Still, as long as I can get past that darn place in Minish Cap I'm happy.

Did you try doing it on the PC yet?
[/quote]

Yeah I tried and it works but I just wanna play this game on a handheld and not on a PC.

but once you've passed the problem area you can load it back onto the handheld...

after getting full speed snes emulation on the caanoo over the weekend and pcsx for android this morning... my yearning for the pandora is slightly lifted, however I think that feeling will only be temporary

Deep breaths. I'm about ready to fucking snap. THREE CHRISTMASES! THREE! Ok Ok get a grip...Starving kids in Africa, AIDS, Herpes, Chemo, You have a job, Seeing family soon....ok I'm good.

banjeed said:
Deep breaths. I'm about ready to fucking snap. THREE CHRISTMASES! THREE! Ok Ok get a grip...Starving kids in Africa, AIDS, Herpes, Chemo, You have a job, Seeing family soon....ok I'm good.

I feel your pain banjeed. I've started losing interest...

Xmas was supposedly my deadline - but the new completed boards due to be shipped tomorrow have just provided a temporary reprieve. I won't get one of these 'cos I'm 700 in Craig's queue, but if I see some actual, real progress being made then......well, we'll see :blink:

But March 2011 I go to the US for 4 weeks, and if I don't have it by then I'm gone.

Gren said:
banjeed said:

I feel your pain banjeed. I've started losing interest...

Xmas was supposedly my deadline - but the new completed boards due to be shipped tomorrow have just provided a temporary reprieve. I won't get one of these 'cos I'm 700 in Craig's queue, but if I see some actual, real progress being made then......well, we'll see :blink:

But March 2011 I go to the US for 4 weeks, and if I don't have it by then I'm gone.
Hang in there guys, and if you need a refund, get it(No shame in that)! I was in the same boat, and I guess technically I still am. My current unit is on the injured reserve list, and needs to be sent in for repair. I also still have a few units preordered. Also, unless more customers get units, software probably won't mature past where it is currently.

So even though I received my unit about 6 months ago, unless those new and improved boards/nubs make it to the UK sometime soon, my unit will be rendered as useless as if I never received it at all.

Now to answer the topic question. I'm still feeling very good about my Pandora. I use it all the time, and the controls, screen, and speakers are all top notch. Until my nub died a few weeks ago, I hadn't experianced any problems. It works very well, and it is all I hoped it would be and then some. My only real problem or complaint would be that the first 4000 units have still not shipped, and so many are still waiting. Like I said earlier, my unit is only as good as the community that supports it, so I'm hoping that many more can get their units very soon, as it is a wonderful device that deserves a shot to go on to bigger and better things.

Chris

Very happy about it today I had a lot of delays on the train so I could watch two episodes of star trek, hehe 11 seasons down 14 seasons to go!

dgame said:
I am relived that Dreamcast emulation for the Pandora is still alive (or maybe just not dead).
I wouldn't expect much there. N64 and PSX don't even run well let alone Dreamcast. I doubt the hardware can handle that full speed w/sound.

It would just be nice to have PSX playable at this point.

Well the dreamcast videos we saw before (presumably at 500Mhz) appeared to be playing Daytona at a similar speed to the PSX emulator manages the Ridge Racer games at 500Mhz. 900Mhz could just make it playable.

(sorry, for me I just read Dreamcast Emulator as Daytona Emulator... I have no reference points for any other games!)

Today I have finally given up on trying to maintain ARM compatibility in my new app; I have lost the initial enthusiasm I had for creating software for the Pandora and frankly couldn't really care less any more - tomorrow I may feel different, but it's not likely.

Back