How do i get gp divx to work

lavalamp

Still Fresh
Hi everybody. i just installed GP divx, and i want to know how I get my Avi files encoded so that they work with it. Thanks.

I highly recommend that you just buy GPcinema. It's only 10 bucks and it is way better than the other ones.

Yeah, I'm planning on buying it. what file types does it support? and do i have to do anything special to get files to work on it? Thanks

You have to encode the videos using virtual dub. I recommend that you use virtual dub 1.4.7. Read some of the guides on the net. I usually encode with xvid.

Okay, I installed virtual dub. Now what exactly do i do to encode videos so theyre compatible with GP cinema?

but still.... is there a guide to make files that work for gp divx? Because I can't install GP Cinema, so buying it doesn't make sense (auth doesn't work... had to put in my id & password with the gps2 method) btw.... lousy program, that stupid auth wiz.... <_<

OK.... so no movies for me on my gamepark :(

This was one of the reasons I bought a gamepark, and now I can't use this feature.... f*cking gamepark dev's with their stupid registration wizard..... :angry: don't they know that it doesn't work on every computer?

No GP cinema install option, and no help for gpdivx use....

sigh....

<_<

I'v have expermenting with gpdivx and have found out the best way to encode the files for it.

The files i use for encoding it are at my work pc so i can't tell u how to do it.

But if u set the audio to raw you will be able o hear audio in gpdibv only problem is the audio isnt the best and it doesn't sync but it does show that audio works ;)

:ph34r:

Cpt_CoPyCaT posted on Aug 23 2003 said:
OK.... so no movies for me on my gamepark :(

This was one of the reasons I bought a gamepark, and now I can't use this feature.... f*cking gamepark dev's with their stupid registration wizard..... :angry: don't they know that it doesn't work on every computer?

No GP cinema install option, and no help for gpdivx use....

sigh....

<_<
So that`s it, Your going to give up ???. I mean, You`ve paid like over £100/$160 on a GP32 that run`s emulators, Commercial games, Plays mp3`s, mod files , Sid files, Midi files, Has one of the largest homebrew dev scenes on a handheld and can play MOVIES (which is one of the main reasons why many have brought it) and your just going to give up. <_<

Have you asked for help with your authentication problem ???.

What machine are you running, What OS (operating system).
What problems do you get, Errors, Crashes etc.
Have you re-downloaded the authentication program.
Have you tried re-registering.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
trooper posted on Aug 24 2003 said:
So that`s it, Your going to give up ???. I mean, You`ve paid like over £100/$160 on a GP32 that run`s emulators, Commercial games, Plays mp3`s, mod files , Sid files, Midi files, Has one of the largest homebrew dev scenes on a handheld and can play MOVIES (which is one of the main reasons why many have brought it) and your just going to give up. <_<

Have you asked for help with your authentication problem ???.

What machine are you running, What OS (operating system).
What problems do you get, Errors, Crashes etc.
Have you re-downloaded the authentication program.
Have you tried re-registering.

Trooper
Well... I asked for support, they told me: try redownloading...... downloaded the freakin' auth wiz a zillion times now, every time the same error.... 'Can't connect to the internet'..... I even tried it on my girlfriend's computer, same error message.... Then someone told me to register my gamepark thru the gps2 program manually, that worked, but this means I can't install GP Cinema....

I'm running Windows XP, software firewall is off, I do have a hardware router, BUT my girlfriend's computer has no router or firewall either (windows xp) and there it didn't work either.... got the same 'not connected to internet message...

So no crashes, just the auth wiz hangs and gives the no connection error... that's it.... and redownloading doesn't help.... also, is this normal? The entware website tells me to install the auth wiz, but it's just an exe file here... no installation, just run...

Anyways.... Mofokubik... got your PM, installed AIM now.... hopefully you can help :)

Cpt

Last edited by a moderator:
Back