Gp32 Divx

futuredestroyer

Still Fresh
Yeah it's says says you need to convert it to Divx 4.12 and I don't know what program i have to use and also i have divx but i don't know how to convert the avi files on that so would someone help me. i would appreciate that very much. :D

VirtualDub. I use that to onver my videos to AVI.

you may want to do Dual divx codecs, so you can have 4.12 and the newer version, due to some weird thing of not encoding to a lower version *you might want a DivX5.1 movie to goto a Divx4.12*
Right now i do not have acess to links to help you with Dual codecs

how do i use the program it keeps bringing up this error also everytime i try to open the avi file. are there any better programs.

you need the dual codec thing. THe file you try to open is a DivX5 file. in order to convert to gp32 you must get the dual codec thing. i think on joygp there is a section called PDS and it has 4.12 and 5 on it you can install *didn't use it, i did a arder way due to Regedit is EZ for me

You are suppose to install it, Not just download it.
Failing that, You could aways read one of the GP32 Divx conversion guides (note the keywords) or sell your GP32.

Trooper

i'm not gonna sell my gp32. and second i am installing after i download it one thing about that is it show some weird text like it's trying to desplay a second language.

no i don't and i don't want to install the pack becuase it won't make a different i stil won't be able to read it.

You are asking us to give you help, which we are only too happy to help ( Apart from my sarcastic remark ;) ). But you don`t seem to be giving us enough info too be able to help you. Apart from the (sell your GP32), Did you read any other part of my post, If not, I suggest you do.

Trooper

futuredestroyer posted on Mar 7 2004 at 10:51 PM said:
no i don't and i don't want to install the pack becuase it won't make a different i stil won't be able to read it.
OF COURSE IT WONT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE!

Jeeze... Dude, seriously. If you cannot follow any directions *like running hte exe, in which should install both DivX codecs

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=8134
read that thread.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=8233
or this one
and this thread should be moved to GPCinima

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmmm. i got it to work and i started to do what they say at gp32emu to convert it to 4.12 and i did everything they said but when i tried to save it like they said it says "VideoSourceAvi error: The scource image format is not acceptable. (error code -2)" so... hmmm...

i've downloaded it but i don't know how to open it. it gives the zip file and there i'm stumped. cause thats all they give you at the site. unless there's another place you can download it.

so uh i downloaded it and it gives me a ".exe" error everytime i try to convert. just my luck maybe it's a sign.

Back