Votes: 108 40.9%
  • The first 100 devs

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • Randomly picked in a lotto

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • Other - Please Specify

Votes: 13 4.9%

• Total voters

I think Monk makes some really good points in his [url="http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48538-how-do-we-decide/page__view__findpost__p__739301"]post[/url] a couple of pages back. I'd really like to see those questions answered.

@Monk, I think that letting the plastics company tweak the case is probably the best way to get this thing done. I have a bit of an anecdotal story here, as I actually worked in the injection mold dept for a major auto parts manufacturer/supplier. There was one issue that I ran into there where management was getting really upset about seeing that a bunch of our parts were discarded as broken. After a bit of investigation, I quickly figured out that they were being broken because they were being thrown into bins when they couldn't use them in the assembly of the units. I followed this back and found out that the reason that they were being discarded was because the parts weren't fitting. I found out that the reason that those discarded parts weren't fitting was that while most of the important tolerances were spec'ed out there was one that was not. A dimension was spec'ed but not an acceptable tolerance, and as a result they weren't properly controlling the production.

This sort of situation illustrates a couple of important points, first, that this is not something that a party outside the injection mold department could have easily fixed, as the particular process was important to the solution of the problem. Second, that the mold department was perfectly capable of assessing fit issues in the product and addressing those issues. They have some valuable experience in this area, and we should let them tweak the case to make it fit perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
piercer said:
This is all a bit of a pointless discussion isn't it?

When will it sink in that this thing will never ever be released - nobody is ever going to get one.

All the evidence points to the fact that the Pandora team are not capable of producing a project of this nature. Even In this thread MWeston admits that they can't get the case right. They have continually lied about their progress with this project - even today on the home page (which hardly ever gets updated) they state that the mould will take 30-35 days, but if you read this thread its 45 days.

If by some miracle they should manage to manufacture a few, then it will be in another year or two and by that time it will be really outdated, LOL.

Face reality guys.

It will always be 2 months away...
ok, first prove nobody is ever going get one. then i'll go along with you. stop assuming what people will do when you have no evidence. obviously this is their first time producing a product of this nature. how do you think sony, nintendo, sega, and other companies started? they don't lie, they make predictions. unfortunately for us, the predictions are usually wrong. I think you're just a troll. do you know what "reality" is for the team? no.

The devs. Much as I want one (much as I have a small budget- 330 clams won't come easy) I think the devs need them and deserve them the most!

piercer said:

When will it sink in that this thing will never ever be released - nobody is ever going to get one.

All the evidence points to the fact that the Pandora team are not capable of producing a project of this nature. Even In this thread MWeston admits that they can't get the case right. They have continually lied about their progress with this project - even today on the home page (which hardly ever gets updated) they state that the mould will take 30-35 days, but if you read this thread its 45 days.

If by some miracle they should manage to manufacture a few, then it will be in another year or two and by that time it will be really outdated, LOL.

Face reality guys.

It WILL be released! I want one (have to save up first) and I WILL help get these off the ground!
Don't be negative.

piercer said:

Face reality guys.

There's no point in preaching to us. Keep your negative views to yourself - nobody here agrees with you. If other people who frequented the Pandora forums thought it wasn't going to be released, they'd just stop bothering to come and comment. Your only purpose here is to troll, so please find something else to do and have a nice day.

emil10001 said:
@Monk, I think that letting the plastics company tweak the case is probably the best way to get this thing done.

Personaly I have a fondness for anecdotes and, well, experience
wink.gif

I agree, it certainly makes sense that if the plastics company have all the bits to build a unit that they ought to be able to get the case to fit tolerably, assuming all other things are equal
smile.gif

As for paying devs - hmmm, I don't seem to have considered them in my post (I certainly didn't mention them) as I got the distinct impression that MWeston was talking only about freebies to devs as it had an import/TAX consideration in comparison to "ordinary" customers. But for clarity, in no way would I consider a paying dev to be less important than any other paying customer - far from it! They have equal "rights" ("claims"? I can't seem to express what I feel here without sounding pompous) to "normal" customers then you have to pile on the fact that they're doing/have done/plan to do more to improve what our Pandoras can do!

"Freebie" devs would get them sooner, because they could be shipped straight from the factory, instead of them having to all be shipped to Craig, processed (packing them and figuring out shipping order, etc.), and then shipped out to the consumer. That's where the extra time would come from, not from a pause in production.

Thank you MWESTON for your update. A week or two for the molds to go into production sounds great. Hopefully Dave has the time to test the Nubs and other things between now and then. I think the frustration you're seeing is the project has been in the two months mode since, what, November? Earlier than that? That said, the case is the last "big" thing to get finished before assembly can happen. If the molds are getting created in the next week or two, then I'm happy. That's real progress on something that's been a sticking point for a while now.

EDIT: Changed two weeks to two months. :b

Hi all!

I think the best option it's a mixed idea. The developers will port some source code, do stress testing of our game engines and use the device at home playing films and so on, but not too much. We need the dev board for to do many things and prepare the future work and say to OpenPandora ltd what is wrong ( developer point of view ). When you are working developing product at the begining to the end you know many things that you put in a report that a normal people don't will say. The developers have the knowledge of QA departments and will show the device to teammates in yours current videogame companies.

Dev 80%
People 20%

Back