GP32 How Fast Can You Get ? Gp32 Clockspeed Tester

PinkSpider posted on Jul 10 2004 at 08:54 PM said:
From my limited programming knowlege u would add a new case then add the perameters (they are available somewhere) dont ask when for haha. Yea.

case 200:
GpClockSpeedChange (200000000, 0x4b011, 3);
gp32_timermul=(67800*256/200000);
break;
}

not sure tho... im a n00b!
case 200:
GpClockSpeedChange (200000000, 0x5c011, 3); //for every 2 MHz you have to increase by 0x1000
gp32_timermul=(67800*256/200000);
break;

That should be right.

I own my GP32 BLU just for a few days now. I'll check today how far it can overclock using mirko's Tool. On Castaway I could go to 166 MHz without problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have made the test and get upto 220mhz in the tester and keep there no prob.
but in opensnes9x loading secret of mana 2 (seiken densetsu 3) the thing has damn strange problems with sound turned off, and just crashes after showing the "squaresoft" twice with sound on
also in gpquake it has problems loading the pak at 200mhz (even though stable til there) and in everything alse >172mhz it crashes (keeps a few secs in 180mhz, tho)

i suggest to make a pressure-selector :\
like gradually adding more stuff when fps gets higher than 20fps
that would add the test on stability :/
(those problems occur, because the o/c-tester works very well in 133mhz and just the better the higher you get; gpquake and os9xgp run darn slow at 133mhz even though still amazing)

My non-modded FLU goes to 166, and refuses to go any higher.

Any ideas what i woul get with the volt mod?

I have no problems playing doom with sound, and osnes9x runs games for me pretty playable with sound in general.

Edit: I can hit 180 with generalmx's tester, but only 166 with this one.

well my brand new BLU from lik-sang can't go any higher than 160mhz. anything past that and it dies.

stays at a steady 59fps with or without sound at 160mhz though.

Anyone get above 220mhz, Or even hit 256mhz ????

Just curious, I`d love to know :D .

BTW, I could only get 178mhz w/sound in the old one. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Mine gets 55 at 166 both with and without sound
it dies at any higher

EDIT: Mines also one of the last normal Blus

I'm getting 58 @ 166 with sound
61 @166 w/o sound

It's a Blu btw, apparently one of the last before they switched screens

So far I can go up to 220mhz with sound if I turn the FLU light off.

I wonder, what is the song that's in there? It's such a quirky bouncy funny song. :D
I want it! ^_^

(Besides it'll help with some .mod music research stuff I'm doing, because it DOES sound like a chiptune.)

Edit: Appears to be one of the mods included with Mirko's sdk. :p I un-converted it from it's .c file, and I'm now the proud owner of a quirky bouncy funny mod file. :D

who many peoples can overclock the gp32 over 200 Mhz ? - ich have the GP32 NFLU from GPnator with 256 Mhz stable @ Clockspeed Tester :blink:

Forgot about this topic, didnt notice a 256Mhz version was released. My 'ninja bastard' GP32 does 256Mhz at around 97. With music the number changes quite a bit, from ~85 to 91.

Back