How Fast Does Your Mk2 Gp2x Overclock To?

What is the fastest, stable speed your MK2 GP2X can overclock to?

• 200Mhz (I never overclock)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 240Mhz (Everyone's unit should do this)

• 250Mhz

• 260Mhz

• 270Mhz

• 280Mhz

• 290Mhz

• 300Mhz (Pocket Rocket! Fullspeed PSX!)

• Total voters

slaanesh

Certified Guru
Website
www.slaanesh.net
I'm curious to know how fast MK2 GP2X units go.

Some people will have specially bought the "faster" clock GP2X, that's fine.

This poll doesn't include MK1 - perhaps I can do a seperate poll for them once I see the results from this.

Okey Dokey? :)

slaanesh posted on Mar 29 2007 at 09:03 PM said:
I'm curious to know how fast MK2 GP2X units go.

Some people will have specially bought the "faster" clock GP2X, that's fine.

This poll doesn't include MK1 - perhaps I can do a seperate poll for them once I see the results from this.

Okey Dokey? :)
Sorry, I have a mk1, oops.

And I chose 300mhz to skew the results.

(only kidding :p) actually 250.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stable at 275-280 it depends of the emulator.
Speedtest said me 300 mhz.

Is it not dependant on application?
Speedtest told me 300 as well (ant test?) but I have had some success with 270+ with some emulators - may depend on battery power left?

i've never really pushed my mk1 too hard ( dont worry, i didnt vote )

but i just got it running at 290mhz for 5 minutes in metroid on pocketsnes, it didnt crash...just got rudely interrupted by work!

Mine is good up to 263, I can get 264 if I have fresh bats. Some of the speed tests I have done said I can get 280 but anything over 265 crashes everytime I try it.

It could be in my head, but it seems like the more I overclock mine the faster, I can get it to go. When I first got mine I could only take it up to 245, and now I can run at 260 all day. Anyone else seen this or was I smoking something earlier?? :) :blink:

I've gone up to 300 with Picodrive and PocketSNES, without crashing at all, well at least for the half hour I tried it :D

Update: I tried it again and still clocks that high, although it completely killed my batteries, thought I had bricked it somehow for a second there :p

Ach, mine used to do a whooping 266, then it went down to 250. 250 is stable for most things, except for Quake, where I use 240. Thankfully very few things need to be overclocked (for me it's just SNES, NeoGeo, Payback, Spout, and sometimes C64)

It also really depends on if the second cpu is used or not.

I would actually bet that there are *very* few GP2X that can go to 266Mhz with both cores running, since that it what the factory probably tests them for when certifying them for either 266 or 200Mhz (and as we all know the cpu in the GP2X is only certified for 200Mhz).

hackgrid posted on Mar 30 2007 at 10:49 AM said:
My MK1 goes up to 320Mhz, but that does not mean PSX fullspeed ;)
310Mhz is lots more stable, at 325Mhz it crashes after some seconds...
You are one lucky 2X user.

Your battery life probably isn't the best though :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
did the speed test (ant one) it crashed at 280 but tried emus and best i can get is 240 <_< not to bothered everything works fine and at good speeds so it donesnt bother me :)

It would be interesting to know how many 270+ bought the special pack and how many just got it by luck.

Mine was by luck :)

Back