How good it would be...

Hoodoo

... if everybody filled in 'about' fields in their profiles! We may have or we may have not these icons and such, but it would be just great to open the profile and see who are you going to answer in a support subforum - is it a Linux user just not yet knowing Pandora's quirks or is it Mac/Windows user who haven't seen Linux before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read your profile to see if you practised what you preach.

Well done, sir. Well done.

This would certainly be nice, I use profile pages from time to time... would probably do so more if they actually contained anything more than the "Find Content" link!

If I didn't, it would've been quite stupid of me.

Seriously, maybe I'm biased here, but I'm not a real hacker, but sometimes I find myself speaking bash to people.

Pandora community is not like your average Linux forum, it's where gamers meet Linux geeks and experienced emulators developers meet Average Joe Users, and skillsets and expectations may vary dramatically - just read these boards and gp2x. It's not like I would like to build a ghetto for noobs or something, I'm a noob myself, but Pandora just makes very different people meet and collaborate, and when German era starts we are going to have even more different people hanging aruound here, and it would be good to see who is who just to understand each other better.

I wholly agree with you Hoodoo, but getting people to bother filling in their profile pages is going to be tricky.

We'd probably all be a great deal better off if we knew a thing or two about each other, our background, skills and whatnot.

You can quote bash to me all you like, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+P were invented for a reason, haha!

It's just a proposition. It would be very nice indeed, but we can do without it. I'd just repeat myself and say we're uniquely different here.

Well I already see who's guru here and who's... well, not quite. Everyone inbetween - sorry. I'll be retelling Linux trivia to experienced users and tell newbies to make a script executable and add it to path. :)

I'm just a seamstress among techies. I'm not sure that there's anything particularly useful that I could write about that. :p

I will fill my profile with goodness soon enough. Thank you for pointing out the fact I haven't yet. I think this would be great for our little community.

Back