GP32 How Hard Is This Code

Thegingerbreaddude

Still Fresh
How hard would the code be to make a game where when A is pressed the screen goes blank white and B makes it go pure black. Any SDK

uhm, it wouldn't be hard, but you wont understand anything without mayor-pains
and i dont think this is where your project ends
look at the tutorials on mirkoroller.de and tell back how hard they are to understand to you..
if you cant find them, its way too hard :D

Making a torch :p ? That's a fairly easy program to make, requiring just an event loop with two button checks and two calls to GpFillRect to draw a rectangle of white or black. However, getting started as the_Diabologic said is the hardest hurdle.

Other warning: mirko's SDK is faster, smaller, blah blah blah but the page Diabologic semi-linked leads to the SOURCE plus some compilers and stuff with not much info to set it up. Synkro's tutorials are brilliant at teaching C but offer no help in setting the environment up. I'll plug CHN & devkitadv's stuff: http://www.thaworx.co.uk/ninja/ but recommend that you at least try mirko's first. It's harder to get started with but is by far the better way.

Just thought I'd brush up the old SDK again. But after I wrote this simple code I found out I was using a very old version of Mr. Mirko's, and stuff changed since this release.

Anyway, if you're interested, this is the code that works:

Code:
#include "gp32.h"

u16 *framebuffer;

void main(){
     framebuffer= (u16*) FRAMEBUFFER;
     gp_SetScreen(framebuffer,16);
     gp_ButtonInit();
     gp_SetCpuSpeed(40);
     int x;
     while (1){
        if (gp_ButtonResult()&BA){
       for(x=0;x<320*240;x++) framebuffer[x]=0xFFFF;
    }
    if (gp_ButtonResult()&BB){
       for(x=0;x<320*240;x++) framebuffer[x]=0x0000;
    }
     }
}

Apparently, the ButtonInit is obsolete, and there's a quicker way to fill the screen now, but it works. If you're interested I have the fxe here, if all you wanted was a white screen and a black screen and didn't want to code it all ;)

Back