How I Got Sunstroke

spray

PSP pwner
Website
Visit site
so me and a few mates decide to go to newquay for a long weekend.

yesterday we went down to fistral beach, naturally i ran straight to the sea and didn't come out for about six hours.

it was bloody freezing in there and i didn't notice the sun, once i got out i lay around for an hour or so to warm up, then i went to go and get some munch. all of this i did topless and amounted to about eight hours, unsuncreamed, slowly baking away.

that evening when we got back to the tent i was in agony. i had literally fried my shoulders and couldn't move. i started to actually go mad, i was hearing things and seeing things and was sure i was about to die, it was horrible.

i lay on my back all night, didn't get a wink of sleep, next morning it was just as bad.

the only thing to do was for me to catch the train home, easy enough i thought. nine and a half hours and £80 poorer i'm finally home.

make sure you cover up and wear suncream guys, the alternatives are far too horrible!

I'm off to newquay the day after exam results. Was at the beach yesterday too (actually... there most days :D. Joys of living in Devon). I never burn anyway, and in the sea I'm usually surfing in a wetsuit (what else can you do in the sea? It's boring without a board) so no burning there. On the sand I'll most likely put a bit of cream on I guess.

Its been blistering hot in lovely Ireland lately, and I have been labouring on a building site, which involves picking shit up, so my neck is fucking raw at the minute. So what, house party tonight should take my mind off it. :D

Dude I heed your warning.

I had sun stroke once. It was evil. I was caked in factor 35, out on the sea in my kayak touring around the coast of South West - mid wales.

We were out on the water for about 5 hours. The sun was beaming down, reflecting off the water and slowly cooking me - I didnt really notice it as the breeze was keeping me cool. I assumed I would be ok - I had a hat on, sunscreen, I was wearing a T-shirt atop my wetsuit, and a bouancy aid.

My hands then began to seize up around my paddle, and I started to feel faint. Was totally exhausted. A mate of mine had to tow me for a good mile, and to top it off - the weather turned for the worse - coast was pretty choppy and it wasnt safe to land. We had to paddle around for another hour to find a safe exit. I didnt even have the energy to get myself out of my boat. Knocked me for six, was layed up for a couple of days. All you can do is hide in the dark and try and get plenty of cold water.

Worst sun stroke i've seen was in Malia, Crete last year when one of the lads in our group decided to sunbath on the last day minus suntan lotion, his sun stroke was so bad that he was shivering and could barely see nor work, i had to take down the doctors where they applies this foam stuff to his skin as it was so painfully red, as the stuff was applied it literally sizzled on his skin cause it was so hot! The Doctor didn;t think he'd be fit enough to travel on the plane! Luckily an hour before the our pick up he regained his vision and

Stupidly enough my mates brother did the same thing on the third day of holiday this year even though i told him not be stupid and apply some cream, although not as bad, it meant he had to stay in for 3 days with sunstroke while we went on the piss..

Back