Am I F*ing Up My Life Or Am I Totally Pwning???

___

Advanced Member
Okay, here is the current situation:
My day consists of getting up, showering, being bored at school, then coming home, eating random vegan food and then slacking off before my screen for about 2-3 hours mostly trawling through the gp32x board... Oh yeah and the rest of my spare time I play with my gp2x or go to work...

Like today, I actually played columns 3 and shining force for almost 4 hours, skimmed through a bunch of gp2x topics went to work, when I should actually be learning my ass off since there will be a graduation relevant math exam tommorrow (yes, saturday that is!)... I don't really know jack shizz about fricking regression which will be the main topic of the exam and that is going to be the last math exam I will ever write...

So for you to judge: Do I get myself into serious shit here or should this be the way how a gp2x geek leads his life? Am I screwing up or am I the über-pwnage-kaiser? I am definetely not going to flunk my grad but I will most definetely drop the average of my math class into bottomless darkness... :blink:

Sometimes I think if I consumed hallucinogenous drugs my life would be normal... holy maccaroni!

Yeah you are F*ing up your life. Vegan food? Go have a big fat juicy steak or something.

There is nothing better than gnawing on a big slab of bleeding dead cow muscle to cheer you up.

lol... well it were for food you could probably say that I am f*ing up... but on the other hand: GO EAT CADAVRE :lol: just kidding... I don't care what people eat... and yeah, a steak would be really tasty, I am just not eating it!

So how does a steak relate to math now? Could you apply the rules of regression to the slope that resembles the side of a steak? Can we make up an expression that will resemble that curve in a graph? Am I talking complete bull since it is like 4:40 in the morning over here and I need to be at school at 10:00 to write the exam? Should I even bother and go to sleep?

You should probably go to bed right now if you have the test tomorrow. I've written exams after pulling all-nighters. It's not fun, even with large doses of caffeine.

Yeah I know... the thing is: I won't be able to recover anyway having slept basically not at all... so if I stay awake I will be more alert. I can go to sleep afterwards... it's only a 2 hour exam and then I can go home... I have written 6 hour exams for my AP classes before being totally exhausted from all nighters!

@ravnos: hey, you are from edmonton? Cool! I have been over there for a year as an exchange student! I stayed with a family in St. Albert... woot! If I ever come over to visit them again, I shall haunt you and bug you to have a coffee with me at west-ed...

xnopasaranx posted on Mar 18 2006 at 03:40 AM said:
lol... well it were for food you could probably say that I am f*ing up... but on the other hand: GO EAT CADAVRE :lol: just kidding... I don't care what people eat... and yeah, a steak would be really tasty, I am just not eating it!

So how does a steak relate to math now? Could you apply the rules of regression to the slope that resembles the side of a steak? Can we make up an expression that will resemble that curve in a graph? Am I talking complete bull since it is like 4:40 in the morning over here and I need to be at school at 10:00 to write the exam? Should I even bother and go to sleep?

Yeah, go to sleep. Count sheep, or carrots or something :p

There are alot of maths that can be applied to steak. You can calculate the heat transfer and graph how the t-bone effects heat distribution. Then you can calculate the moment arm needed for a knife of a certain length to generate enough force to sheer the fibers.

Last edited by a moderator:
xnopasaranx posted on Mar 17 2006 at 08:48 PM said:
@Ravnos: hey, you are from edmonton? Cool! I have been over there for a year as an exchange student! I stayed with a family in St. Albert... woot! If I ever come over to visit them again, I shall haunt you and bug you to have a coffee with me at west-ed...
Only tourists go to West Ed. Coffee in Old Strathcona is all good, though. :)

hmm or you could lean back with your gp2x and have a beer... screw math! Even if I screw up the exam (which is 100% certain) I will still pass and graduate with pretty good marks... and then I will never do math again!!! oh yeah !!!111!!!oneoneone!1!

true that... west-ed is big and... erm... colorful... and yeah, pretty much a waste of space and precious energy resources! So old strathcona it will be!!! But I always liked the arcade in west-ed right next to silver-city which is also like huuuuge compared to the theatres you can go to in hanover.

Prolly a bit late, but I'd mix a shot of alcohol with your caffeine.

And take lots of sugar and liquid into the exam too.

Brain food, don'cha know ;)

xnopasaranx posted on Mar 18 2006 at 04:45 AM said:
Yeah I know... the thing is: I won't be able to recover anyway having slept basically not at all... so if I stay awake I will be more alert. I can go to sleep afterwards... it's only a 2 hour exam and then I can go home... I have written 6 hour exams for my AP classes before being totally exhausted from all nighters!
You know that those few hours of sleep combined with a lot of caffeine could of achieved at least 90% normal capacity of your brain for a short period of time?

...I actually played columns 3 and shining force for almost 4 hours, skimmed through a bunch of gp2x topics went to work, when I should actually be learning my....

I don't see why we're even discussing this topic in such detail, obvious the guy pwnz.

well, my answer is probably a little bit late, but I would go to sleep and then have lots of cafeine. One night I got 4 hours of sleep, woke up, drank some coffee and studied for 30 minutes for my Biology test (which is the only studying I did for the whole thing), and then went off to take it and I got 100% on it! and it wasn't an easy test either...

Anyways, math is a great subject, imho, so I wouldn' t want to screw up my grades in it. Math can get you into a lot of different jobs, including programming (yes, it requires quite a bit of math).

deadlychicken22 posted on Mar 18 2006 at 05:36 PM said:
well, my answer is probably a little bit late, but I would go to sleep and then have lots of cafeine. One night I got 4 hours of sleep, woke up, drank some coffee and studied for 30 minutes for my Biology test (which is the only studying I did for the whole thing), and then went off to take it and I got 100% on it! and it wasn't an easy test either...

Anyways, math is a great subject, imho, so I wouldn' t want to screw up my grades in it. Math can get you into a lot of different jobs, including programming (yes, it requires quite a bit of math).
indeed. I also find it a good and important subject.

well it's all done now! I flunked it, oh yeah... but since I don't want to do any jobs requiring math later on (programming is merely a hobby for me and I am not good at it either) but want to go into the arts by studying drama and film arts at university I am hoping that I will never need this again!!! w00t! thanks for all the answers to this crappy topic (gotta love offtopic threads) and I have finally concluded that I do pwn... only thing that is sad is that this thing that I pulled off today is gonna cost me a lot of my average... but hey, I also showed up to my English AP exam 2 hours late and dropped of my exam in 2.5 hours leaving the class when 1.5 hours were remaining! and I got 14points on that one (which is like an A or 95% in German grad-school)...

gosh I am too darn lazy! ... back to playing shining force...

Play some Warlocked on a GBC emulator... and then some Outrun 2019 on DrMD... it's bliss. :blink:

- Alex

My day consists of getting up, showering, being bored at school, then coming home, eating random vegan food and then slacking off before my screen for about 2-3 hours mostly trawling through the gp32x board... Oh yeah and the rest of my spare time I play with my gp2x or go to work...

At first I wanted to say "hey this is my life", but then I realised you said "vegan food". :p

But yeah, I think you are f*ing up your life. :unsure:

Back