How Legal Is The Pandora?

matzesu said:
Peter R said:
matzesu said:
Whit my swiss officer knife, i open (bear), thats no weapon!!, thats very usefull!!

The bears do not agree!

OMG, hoppla!!!, i means beer !!, the only peaple i have hurts whit my knife, whas i, because i was not carefully.. :lol: :p :rolleyes:

OMG, that is possibly the scariest thing I've read here since Quasist.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
no: matzesu is a boyscout whit a swiss army offizer knife, usefull to open bottles whit beer and cola, no weapon,
the pandora is the swiss offizer knife from the elektronic nerd!! :rolleyes: multiefunktional

matzesu said:
All is a Weapon: you can kill peaple whit a wand, if you know how. :lol:

I`ve surprised and even scared women with my wand, But i have never killed anyone with it, Yet. :rolleyes:

Trooper

I'm sure someone somewhere will try somehow to cause the project trouble once we have shipped the 4000 units. I'm actually looking forward to it. Imagine the publicity.

Also, did I ever mention a company tried to sue us about 6 months ago for some obscure patent violation? TI took over the case and we never heard anything again.

craigix said:
Also, did I ever mention a company tried to sue us about 6 months ago for some obscure patent violation?
Nope. Maybe because twitterix didn't exist back then (or did it?)

Anecdotes like that are what keeps us technology vultures alive while waiting for the Pandora :p

EDIT: Keyboard fail

craigix said:
I'm sure someone somewhere will try somehow to cause the project trouble once we have shipped the 4000 units. I'm actually looking forward to it. Imagine the publicity.

Also, did I ever mention a company tried to sue us about 6 months ago for some obscure patent violation? TI took over the case and we never heard anything again.
Care to share what patent it was that some company tried to pin you with?

In reality I don't think I'll play games half the time I use my Pandora. I hope to write on it, view the few webpages I look at a day, send e-mail and text messages, and then every once in a while I'll play games.

I've actually getting this to support free software, low power, and protability more than I am games. Having said that I can't play games that I like without a d-pad and at least 6 buttons, hence the reason I'm getting this over a Archos or a Nokia phone.

So for me games won't be played as much as I do normal computer use.

Edit: Archos doesn't have anything that looks cool anymore, I guess I've been looking at too many pics of the Pandora.

Pandora For me will only be a pirate device for my pirate games... ( evil laugh ) just joking, but it's true most of the time i'll be emulating games i never owned, like i do on my pc and in my xbox 360 and in my ds and in my psp and in my wii and in my ps2 ... pirate law nowdays is a joke, and im happy about it.

IT'S AS LEGAL AS YOUR MOM

craigix said:

:lol:

Wow, those TI guys are a bunch of jerks. Why do they get to have all the fun? ;-)

I'm also curious what the patent was for.

Sitwon said:
Wow, those TI guys are a bunch of jerks. Why do they get to have all the fun? ;-)

I'm also curious what the patent was for.

What? They handle a patent issue for OP and they are jerks?

Just, wow.

Ignoring the silly ess of the question, it saddens me to (again) see someone who thinks emulation is illegal. It isand always has been legit. Piracy is illegal. Do not confuse.

Jeff

Piracy is cool!!! B)

luffy.jpg

Attachments

• luffy.jpg
    luffy.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 116
hobbyman II said:
you do realise emulators are legal?, if you own the roms you can even have a binary copy of the games you own to run on them?

As long as you don't bypass any built-in copy protections on those games. Then, you'd be violating the DMCA, and that's illegal. Yay laws!

EDIT: Ninja'd?

EDIT2: Nope. Just tl;dr. XD

(naw)mcx said:
Dude, it's only like 1 year old. Can't be tappin' that shit!

That depends on whether you think life begins at conception or delivery. I wonder if unborn Pandoras would be protected from sexual abuse?

Exophase said:
(naw)mcx said:
Dude, it's only like 1 year old. Can't be tappin' that shit!

That depends on whether you think life begins at conception or delivery. I wonder if unborn Pandoras would be protected from sexual abuse?

So you're saying that you can tap a 2 year old? I still don't think your argument has much merit.

EDIT: Or do you mean because it hasn't been released yet that it has yet to be born?

-God Ginrai

Nightwheel said:
craigix said:

Care to share what patent it was that some company tried to pin you with?

I'll dig it out, it was something to do with the way the chips are hooked up. The company were just patent trolls, well known for going after anyone they can.

If i understand it: Texas Instruments has make trouble? your thear best customer!, if the pandora becomes succes, then ti get more orders for the omap, why must they make trouble?? :angry:

matzesu said:
If i understand it: Texas Instruments has make trouble? your thear best customer!, if the pandora becomes succes, then ti get more orders for the omap, why must they make trouble?? :angry:
No, some unnamed company was suing OP for patent infringement. Instead of OP dealing with it themselves, TI took over and used their lawyers to either settle/win the case. In fact TI took a load off of OP so they wouldn't be burdened with legal fees or unnecessary stress/time.
And OP is hardly TI's best customer...

Back