How Likely Is Amiga And Psx Emulation?

so what about a psp emulator rather than a psx one? or is it really the same thing? could the wiz run psp games easier??

jonah said:
so what about a psp emulator rather than a psx one? or is it really the same thing? could the wiz run psp games easier??

Absolutely not, a PSP emulator would be several times more demanding than a PS1 emulator.

Last edited by a moderator:
no.. wiz will never be able to play psp games.

But as we see now.. PSX Fullspeed is possible on wiz now. (NFS2 already fullspeed but sound lacks.)

momosxp said:

But as we see now.. PSX Fullspeed is possible on wiz now. (NFS2 already fullspeed but sound lacks.)

I posted about this in the other thread, but..

It's probably best if you don't say things like this w/o being able to verify it beyond your intuition. People are often wrong about what's fullspeed w/o any kind of indicator verifying it and no sound. Probably why people love FPS counters. Even if that game really is fullspeed, in game, all the way, that doesn't mean that everything or even anything else is.

momosxp said:

I wouldn't count on "full speed" PSX. Turning off sound is cheating (games without sound suck anyway) and 23-25 FPS is no where near "full speed". Since many say the Wiz is not much faster than a GP2X and PSX was slow on the GP2X the Wiz will never run PSX full speed, WITH sound and without a ton of frameskip unless someone pulls a rabbit out of the hat and finds a magic cure for the slow Wiz RAM access.

DaveC said:
I wouldn't count on "full speed" PSX. Turning off sound is cheating (games without sound suck anyway) and 23-25 FPS is no where near "full speed". Since many say the Wiz is not much faster than a GP2X and PSX was slow on the GP2X the Wiz will never run PSX full speed, WITH sound and without a ton of frameskip unless someone pulls a rabbit out of the hat and finds a magic cure for the slow Wiz RAM access.

RAM access on PSP is pretty slow too. I don't think I have to say anything else about that.

It'd definitely need hardware acceleration to help things along. The PS1 emulation on PSP probably also uses the second processor to emulate the SPU.

so why should anyone buy a wiz? paying so much money to play some more snes games better?

momosxp said:
so why should anyone buy a wiz? paying so much money to play some more snes games better?
Yes! :) Also, to play Amiga better, MAME way better, have a handheld that can underclock (like in Temper and AlexKid SMS emulators) to save battery life, I hate my GP2X battery life, and the OLED screen. :ph34r:

and a bad dpad, wrong-placed volume buttons, smaller screen, and paying 50€ above the gp2x price :)
No really, i hope there will be something new.. or the wiz wasn't the right choice for me.
playing nes and snes gets boring, too.

momosxp said:
and a bad dpad, wrong-placed volume buttons, smaller screen, and paying 50€ above the gp2x price :)
No really, i hope there will be something new.. or the wiz wasn't the right choice for me.

Have you used a GP2X? Most people find the pad on F200 and stick on F100 much worse than what's on the Wiz..

Maybe you should play some other emulators too ;p

I wish people were a little more educated... I mean I tend to make a ton of stupid posts but I do try and understand. Ram when it comes to emulators isn't the biggest worry in the world. The Dpad on the wiz is fine. although to begin with you expect it to be worse because the whole pivot thing and the loose sounding and feeling buttons but seriously it's fine. it works. No one really definitely knows what this device is capable of. because so much is still left in the dark. But! The devs know what they're talking about and their estimates are always close. Be thankful for what we have is all I say. I want PSX emulation so badly but if someone who isn't being paid and does it in their free time decides enough is enough. Fair play to them.

Exophase said:
momosxp said:

Have you used a GP2X? Most people find the pad on F200 and stick on F100 much worse than what's on the Wiz..

Maybe you should play some other emulators too ;p
Yes, i had a F200 and the dpad was fine. The dpad of the WIZ is "OK".. but not better than "ok". I love all the Streetfighter games and with the dpad of the wiz there is no fun. Doing special moves is terrible with that :)

Devilmandex said:
I wish people were a little more educated... I mean I tend to make a ton of stupid posts but I do try and understand.
I didn't want do comment that.... but..
You are the most educated here and you try to understand.. we doesn't! ohh maan... Didn't expect to get a comment like that in a GP2X forum.

But it's ok, i can sell my wiz if i want. I know that the life of the wiz depends on the community. I think discussions about what's possible aren't avoidable. We'll see... ;)

Back