How Much Have You Spent On Accessories For Your Pandora?

Dead1nside

Website
www.jonathanpritchard.com
After buying my last accessory a Logitech V470 Bluetooth Mouse for use with the Pandora, I wondered just how much you guys have spent? I seem to have bought a metric tonne of accessories just to keep the excitement going (and for somewhat limited practical use of course).

So here's my list:

Logitech V470 Bluetooth Mouse = £22
Screen protectors, inc. Invisible Shield = £10
ThinkOutside Stowaway Bluetooth Keyboard = £30
2 x 16GB Class 4 SD Cards (Kingston and PNY) = £32
Generic USB SD Card Reader = £2
Generic USB OTG Adaptor = £2
Belkin Travel USB Hub = £6

Total (so far...) = £104

I think that's everything. I had to stop myself from buying a new pair of headphones today "for the Pandora". I still need to get a case. Got quite a few accessories, as you can see, I thought perhaps an original Nintendo DS case with space for all of this stuff.

Not going to incriminate myself in case the wife reads this. :)

@Dead1nside - where did you source the invisible shield?

may88 said:

I bought it off a forum member, Sargon, he was advertising them in a thread. He gave me two, one Invisible Shield, and one other brand. They're hard to find in the UK aren't they? I was considering getting one from Inique, maybe give it a search.

I hear you about incriminating yourself; my girlfriend's very concious that I seem to be getting a package on the door step every other day.

Last edited by a moderator:
myaccesories.png
1) 1 x Headphone Splitter = $3.00
2) 1 x Sennheiser HD202's = $24.00
3) 1 x NiMh Battery Charger + Batteries = ~$20.00
4a) 1 x 16GB SD card = $29.00
4b) 3 x 2GB SD cards = $0.00 (Christmas gift)
4c) 2 x 1GB SD cards = $0.00 (Pre Pandora)
4d) 1 x 128MB SD Card = $0.00 (Free with Camera)
5a) 1 x MicroSDHC Card Reader = $0.00 (Found on Sidewalk)
5b) 1 x SD Card slot blank = $0.00 (Took from Newphew's Creative Zen)
6) 1 x USB Squid = $12.00
7) 1 x 4xAA USB Powerpack = $4.00 (Pop in 4xAA batteries and power usb devices, or recharge the Pandora)
8) 1 x USB Power Splitter = $0.00 (Came with a USB Hard Drive Caddy)
9) 1 x 30GB 1.8" USB Harddrive = $30.00 (I swapped the smaller 20GB drive out for a bigger one)
10) 1 x very small, but totally usable usb keyboard = $27.00
11a) 3 x 64MB USB thumb drives 0.50 each = $1.50 (For brutalizing as SWAP disks or something else nefarious)
11b) 1 x 256MB USB Stick = $0.00 (Free with a spool of CD's)
11c) 1 x 1GB USB Stick = $0.00 (Free online promo)
11d) 1 x 2GB USB Key = $0.00 (Freebie from Computer Associates)

Total 150.50

2 x 32GB class 10 Patriot SDHC cards = $215
1 x Stowaway Bluetooth four way folding KB = $40
1 x USB micro hub = freebie at a convention
1 x Stowaway USB four way folding KB = $25 (OK, so that was an impulse buy. I love those 4 panel folding keyboards.)
USB ODBC II interface adapter = $20. The real catch is going to be finding a way to make it work on a software side.

Other things that I have to use with it that weren't purchased directly for it...
USB 1.44 floppy drive (load up old DOS games)
USB DVD/CD drive

Plan to buy for the Pandora:
A big patch of self stick velcro. Fuzzy side for Pandora, hook side for dash.
Bluetooth GPS module.
USB 802.11n adapter with 20" long Yagi antenna to see if I can get to my home network from a mile away.
AND... Software. Once I get my Pandora I plan to do some shopping on the application store or whatever they want to call it by then.

Around $225 for a Beagleboard, and that's the extent of it for now. I might spend an additional $60 on a book on ARM assembly if it's needed later on.

Nothing, I'll buy two SDHC cards when I'll have my shipping confirmation…

Dead1nside said:
may88 said:

I bought it off a forum member, Sargon, he was advertising them in a thread. He gave me two, one Invisible Shield, and one other brand. They're hard to find in the UK aren't they? I was considering getting one from Inique, maybe give it a search.

I hear you about incriminating yourself; my girlfriend's very concious that I seem to be getting a package on the door step every other day.
Thanks.

Already have:
headphones
USB hub
Arduino
Twin USB controllers (Playstation style)

Bought:
8Gb Transcend SD £13
16Gb PNY SD £17
Bluetooth GPS datalogger £25
Lots of playstation games to rip and the off N64 cart. £30-40 ish.

Will buy:
another 16Gb (can't stretch to a 32Gb)
Must be other stuff I need (subject for a new topic I think)

Edit:
I think we'll all need one of these.

If I can ever get the fact that I need one, I will probably purchase a usb hub :)

I've heard about this famed four-way foldable keyboard. Engadget did an editorial on the ThinkOutside keyboards a short while ago, I'm amazed they're not being manufactured anymore. Is the four-way a Bluetooth keyboard?

Class 6 and 32GB SD cards are so expensive in the UK.

Finding an SD card on the floor *thumbs up*.

Love that picture of kit. That is quite a collection.

I forgot, yeh I've bought a couple more N64 games. Quite a few Playstation games too. Wish you could just buy the rights somewhere. Some prices on Ebay are ridiculous.

Does anyone know of a headphone splitter with a built in amp? When using the generic ones, it's often too quiet sometimes. However from people's reports, the line-out is quite loud.

jabra bluetooth headset: 80 euro.
snake webcam: 15 euro.
sandisk ultra 32gb sdhc card: 75 euro.
holux m1000b bluetooth GPS and extra battery with more capacity for it: 35 euro.
total: 205 euro. about 280 US dollars.

planning to buy another sd card next month, and trying to buy a webcam thats high sensitive to infrared light. but i need help from you guys for that.

For anyone who doesn't have an urgent need for an SD card at present, I strongly, STRONGLY recommend waiting to buy your cards until:

a. an AMAZING deal presents itself
b. you have your system in your hand.

Flash roadmaps (and DRAM roadmaps, coincidentally) are set for 2-3 years at a time. It is a FACT that 32GB will drop in price, possibly becoming the same cost as 16GB is now, in the next 6-12 months.

Save some money, don't buy unless you know it's a great deal!

Arkay Firestar said:
It is a FACT that 32GB will drop in price, possibly becoming the same cost as 16GB is now, in the next 6-12 months.
Even though the last 12 months has seen a fairly steady increase in the cost of flash media?

And the last few weeks saw a drastic increase in price for some types of card. (For example, a Verbatim Class 6 32GB card would have set you back about £65 a few weeks ago. Now it will set you back £82.)

Hmm,

Sony MDR-NC22 earphones £30
1x8gb class 6 SDHC £13
1x16bg class 4 SDHC £19
InvisibleShield screen protector £11

That's all I can think of, though a few more things might get added soon.

Back