Pandora Accessories

renegadechic

seeing as how its probably not going to have the market reach of the DS or iPod or something, is it likely there is going to be any kind of accessory pack made to compliment the Pandora?

im thinking of things like a soft carry case with room for SD storage, any needed cables etc. i cant see there would be any demand for any protective latex thing.

hmm my imagination seems to have fallen out of the window (well it is 2am) but what other accessories could we have or would people like? i mean, things like bluetooth or usb controllers/keyboard/mice wouldnt need to be specially made but there must be some stuff that would need to be more targetted to the pandora

also, once you have yours, what do you think you will buy to go alongside it?

i think i am going to start with linux for idiots haha. after that well... start with a nice number of SD cards for all my crap and then see if i really need much else. i would like a case of some sort though to protect the precious.

Gruso said:
You'll be wanting the Accessories/ultimate Docking Station Thread.

Apart from basics like cables and adaptors, I don't think there will be much in the way of official accessories (not early on, anyway).

ah balls, i knew i should have done a forum search

i shall bend over ready to be abused by PoisonedV as seems ritual in most n00b threads :p

Last edited by a moderator:
RenegadeChic said:
also, once you have yours, what do you think you will buy to go alongside it?
I've already gotten everything to go alongside mine. :p

I picked up a couple of USB adapters for different console controllers (one for SNES controllers, and one that covers PSX/GC/DC ones) for use with anything that might support external controllers in conjunction with television output, a set of S-Video and RCA cables and adapters in case I should need them (which I needed anyway for things other than the Pandora, so it's no problem if the supplied TV-out cable doesn't require these things :p), and a laptop-sized/styled USB keyboard for any occasions where I might need it for writing or e-mailing whilst travelling.

I already had SD Cards, and I don't see any need to buy a case (I have some fabrics with which to make one if I find I need one, though). :p

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to mention that I grabbed a USB 2.0 hub, too. And, no, I didn't already have one kicking around, oddly. :p

I might look for some sort of usb device with buttons on it that can be used as input, if there is not proper way to control the P while in MP3 mode.

I already bought stuff to go with it, 4xAA->USB charger and wireless game controller. Now I'm just waiting for the price of 32gb usb and sd card to go down.

eksasol said:
4xAA->USB charger
This is for charging from AA batteries, correct? If so, do you have a shop link? I've been searching for one of those and getting nothing but battery chargers and the DIY Altoids box. Perhaps I'm using the wrong search terms.

(And Hello to all from a lurker.)

Optional Joystick said:
eksasol said:
4xAA->USB charger
This is for charging from AA batteries, correct? If so, do you have a shop link? I've been searching for one of those and getting nothing but battery chargers and the DIY Altoids box. Perhaps I'm using the wrong search terms.

(And Hello to all from a lurker.)
Hello Yorkshire Lurker, welcome.

I had one something like this, although it is worth shopping around or buying from somewhere where you need something else to minimise the effect of postage.

TaG said:
I had one something like this, although it is worth shopping around or buying from somewhere where you need something else to minimise the effect of postage.

It recons that will supply 3-5 charges of the average PDA/Mobile phone. Would that be true for a Pandora? I can't see how. Even 1 charge would be sweet. Extending total usable time to around 20 hours!

All you really need is a battery powered usb hub. I'm assuming both usb ports on the pandora can be used for both in and out, like most usb OTG ports. If that's the case, use one to connect to the hub in order to use it as a hub, and the other from the hub when you need to charge. While the internal battery is taking the load, the hub can be used to power whatever peripherals are connected at the time. The nice thing is that any usb hub can be used. All you need is a big 5V(4 D cell 10000 mah batteries would give 4.8 volts and would power the pandora for somewhat less than twice as long as the internal battery) rechargeable battery pack with the appropriate connector for the hub's DC in.

As far as charge goes, 4 good NiMH AA rechargeables, connected in series, would only give you about a 40% charge in the Pandora and that's in the absolute best case. Personally I wouldn't use that for this situation, since it could damage the batteries if the charger doesn't shut itself off automatically once the voltage dips below about 4.5V.

Back