Other Accessories

Kuronosuke

Still Fresh
I wonder if their are going to have other accessories to go with the Pandora.

Will there be a multiplaying connecting cable? (just in case you play a multiplaying game with your friends, you might as well, or you can be creative and use other accessories from other companies and add it on to the Pandora.)
Now if they're gonna do that, then when, and where are they're going to release them.

Probably at the same time the Pandora will be released, or a couple weeks after.

Well, I don't know, but if it does happen, then I would be alright with that. :pandora2ut4: B)

Ishimaru said:
Will there be a multiplaying connecting cable? (just in case you play a multiplaying game with your friends, you might as well, or you can be creative and use other accessories from other companies and add it on to the Pandora.)
Now if they're gonna do that, then when, and where are they're going to release them.
It supports wifi and bluetooth. Why would you want to tie yourselves together with a cable?

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
Ishimaru said:
It supports wifi and bluetooth. Why would you want to tie yourselves together with a cable?
Oh! I forgot about that.
But I was just giving an example. What other accessories (not just cables, but other stuff that they probably want to sale.)

WizardStan said:
Ishimaru said:
Because the last handheld he owned was a Gameboy. :rolleyes:

I don't see much return-on-investment there would be for local multiplayer accessories... what do you think the percentage of people owning one, knowing eachother, and being local? Take that, then how many of would buy suck an accessory? The cost of design, manufacture, and warehouse is likely to far exceed any money they could make on such a thing.

I think the main point for other accessories, is the reason they have 2 USB ports. Why re-invent the wheel, when there are already tons of existing options out there. Perhaps they might start selling USB or SDIO devices they know to work, from their various shops... I couldn't say. But I seriously doubt they are going to start designing/making a ton of accessories... other than maybe that breakout board of MWestons.

michaeljustman said:
WizardStan said:
Ishimaru said:
Because the last handheld he owned was a Gameboy. :rolleyes:
No, I happen to a freakin DS, and a PSP thank you very much. :angry2:
Like I said, I was giving an example when I said that. gosh!!!!!

BackAssward said:
I don't see much return-on-investment there would be for local multiplayer accessories... what do you think the percentage of people owning one, knowing eachother, and being local? Take that, then how many of would buy suck an accessory? The cost of design, manufacture, and warehouse is likely to far exceed any money they could make on such a thing.

I think the main point for other accessories, is the reason they have 2 USB ports. Why re-invent the wheel, when there are already tons of existing options out there. Perhaps they might start selling USB or SDIO devices they know to work, from their various shops... I couldn't say. But I seriously doubt they are going to start designing/making a ton of accessories... other than maybe that breakout board of MWestons.
Well, I can't argue with that logic.

We don't need accessories, we have USB.
You can buy GPS add-ons, extra flash memory, sensors, cameras, humping dogs, etc. and plug them all into USB.

I'm thinking of building a camera attachment, specially fitted to the Pandora's lid. Maybe, eventually. Probably not. I had the parts all selected, but getting the motivation to actually do it is really hard.

WizardStan said:
I'm thinking of building a camera attachment, specially fitted to the Pandora's lid. Maybe, eventually. Probably not. I had the parts all selected, but getting the motivation to actually do it is really hard.
To tell you the truth, I was thinking of the same thing.

Ishimaru said:
WizardStan said:
I've looked into it a bit, there are some that are high-speed USB cameras that look like they could snap on the lid, that even go as high as 5MP.

A quick google shows this 2mp one for only 20$, and it looks like it would snap on. FYI, I specified "high-speed" because the main USB port is limited to high--speed devices, in case you didn't know. I'll see if I can find the 5mp one.

I did find this 5mp one after a quick google. It doesn't specify high-speed, but at 5mp and usb2, one can assume high speed. Quite a bit pricier than the 2mp one, but that is to be expected. I kinda like the volvox because of it's bendy removable cable, but I doubt it's high speed (so needs an adapter for the otg posrt) and it's only 1.3 mp. For bendy, there's a few other options. We've had a few threads on the cam situation.

BackAssward said:
Ishimaru said:
WizardStan said:
I've looked into it a bit, there are some that are high-speed USB cameras that look like they could snap on the lid, that even go as high as 5MP.

A quick google shows this 2mp one for only 20$, and it looks like it would snap on. FYI, I specified "high-speed" because the main USB port is limited to high--speed devices, in case you didn't know. I'll see if I can find the 5mp one.
I found one thats 5MB and it's very cheap.

And it's $7.59

I'd like have wired remote control for media player. There should be at least two options:
1/ trough EXT port = as UART or GPIO solution. It could have many functions and simple LCD display for displaying basic info.
2/ trough headset port. I hope that it can work by shorting mic to ground. If it will it will be limited to play/pause/skip/fast forward. Short click for play/pause. Hold 0,5 sec and release for skip. Long hold for fast forward. Maybe some double click for stop, click'n'short hold (0,5 s) for back and click'n'long hold for rewind. Short and long hold can be signalized by some beep to phones. Maybe someone can find some better way for controlling player while carried it in pocket or backpack (shorting L/R audio to ground for more function and easier handling).

Next I'd like have break board, even in DIY kit (PCB + connector + parts + neat housing).

Last one is docking station in which Pandora fits and which have internal USB HUB, about 4 external USB ports and some internal port used for etherned (UTP RJ45 plug), internal HDD/SSD, AV out from ext port to SVideo/Cinch plugs (or maybe internal USB2VGA adapter). So it can be attached to big screen, keyboard, mice and have acces to internet, big storage and so.

I seem to recall a video on Youtube of Zodttd controlling an emulator on his iPhone with a Wii controller via bluetooth. I guess you could theoretically do this with the Pandora, though I don't have the first clue what kind of drivers or software would be needed.

Days said:
I seem to recall a video on Youtube of Zodttd controlling an emulator on his iPhone with a Wii controller via bluetooth. I guess you could theoretically do this with the Pandora, though I don't have the first clue what kind of drivers or software would be needed.
the Wiimotes are standard Bluetooth, and there's a couple of Linux things that let you take input from them if you have Bluetooth working. I believe one is called CWiiD. (seaweed)
It should be simple to pull that off if the Bluetooth drivers work.

Days said:

WiiControl already runs on the n900 and most of it is written in Python so it wouldn't be that hard to get it going on the Pandora. The link below is to a .deb but it's GPL so there's source somewhere.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=19658

Back