While We Are Waiting Can We Get Some Pics Of The Accessories?

The wifi has been working in various forms for months, but it's just wrapping it in to something which people expect which is the hard work.

You should be seeing the TV cables next week when they arrive, it's possible we will get some photos of those from that factory sooner as they seem more willing when it comes to taking cameras on to the factory floor.

That case looks nice so I certainly wouldn't mind buying one of those at some point (probably when I buy a TV out cable).

Craig, can I tac things onto my order before the Pandora ships? Only reason I say that is because I'd want to know what the case is like before ordering.

Yes, the good news is that you might be able to do that via credit/debit card once we start shipping the first 100 or so.

So, in the future we wont have a massive crisis from debit/credit anymore then? The second generation of orders will be much more comfortable with that. I am guessing that those who ordered more than just the pandora will have those things(memory card, tv cable) in the same box?

Just to be clear, I never said, "is the wifi *working*?", I said, "is the wifi *finished*?"

Thank you for the info Craig.

craigix said:
The wifi has been working in various forms for months, but it's just wrapping it in to something which people expect which is the hard work.

You should be seeing the TV cables next week when they arrive, it's possible we will get some photos of those from that factory sooner as they seem more willing when it comes to taking cameras on to the factory floor.

What about the case? Which one is it similar too? Post a link or photo or confirm the post above. When will the case be completed?

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the case? Which one is it similar too? Post a link or photo or confirm the post above. When will the case be completed?

Seriously, it looks exactly like this one. They are generic cases with a Pandora logo emblazoned on the silvery button thingy on the front. The OP Team has said this themselves, several times, nothing special.

mindlord said:

Seriously, it looks exactly like this one. They are generic cases with a Pandora logo emblazoned on the silvery button thingy on the front. The OP Team has said this themselves, several times, nothing special.
I like this one better: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48907-pandorawiz-softcase-prototype/page__view__findpost__p__744798

Spykez said:
any pictures of the stylus?

ED showed the stylus in this video where he assembles a prototype:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B50Kh70AeE4
Around 3:25.

It's, um, it's just a stylus.
I don't know if you were expecting something special... It's a chunk of black plastic with a point on one end.

lulzfish said:
Spykez said:
any pictures of the stylus?

ED showed the stylus in this video where he assembles a prototype:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B50Kh70AeE4
Around 3:25.

It's, um, it's just a stylus.
I don't know if you were expecting something special... It's a chunk of black plastic with a point on one end.

was more or less curious if there was a stylus, no idea why I asked for a picture of it lmao. I asked a buddy of mine who is a dev for the pandora and said he didn't remember if there was going to be one....

mindlord said:

IIRC the OP team said several times that the Pandora power supply/charger would be "just like" a certain other power supply. Then they considered providing an AC USB charger instead... I don't know what the current state of play on thgat one is, but it#s not necessarily a bad thing to check. As OpenPandora didn't buy the accesories in advance they have not picked the actual manufacturer in all cases.

I quite like what I THINK I'll be getting as my OpenPandora case (assuming it fits nicely).

Excited. said:
I'm confus. The case isn't included? It should be.

What are you basing that on? Other hand helds don't come with one (GP2X, PSP, DS, etc). Phones don't come with one, laptops and netbooks don't come with one... in fact, I can't think of a portable electronic device that has a free padded case included (or sure there probably is an exception, but it is an exception not the rule). If you check the store, it is listed separately.

Your confusion, confuses me.

BackAssward said:
Excited. said:
I'm confus. The case isn't included? It should be.

What are you basing that on? Other hand helds don't come with one (GP2X, PSP, DS, etc). Phones don't come with one, laptops and netbooks don't come with one... in fact, I can't think of a portable electronic device that has a free padded case included (or sure there probably is an exception, but it is an exception not the rule). If you check the store, it is listed separately.

this....

BackAssward said:

The PSP comes with a soft case cover.

along time ago, i bougt my psp 1000, and there wasnt a caring case in the box, because it was the cheapest version.. whit tecken dr.. not all psp has a case in her box,

Back