How much SMC memory do i need?

i'd reccomend getting multiple 128mb smc's. I started off with only one 64mb smc and found that it filled up so quickly. Whatever, you think you want memory for now, you'll want a lot more in the end..........

Yeah, get the 128mb card, get one for games and 1 for mp3s, I had one card to begin with and it filled up fast once I started putting MP3s on them so I got another one to use specifically for MP3s.

I have 1 128 SMC, and its been just about enough memory for me, although I could definatly use another.

You can survive on a single 128 SMC, though. Mine is packed with Doom, wolfenstien, ROTT, a couple of emulators with about 5 games each, some home brew games, Bloody Cross 2nd Demo, Pinball Fantasies demo, 5 mp3s, GP Cinema, and a single episode of family guy, and I still have 7 mbs.

If you use your GP32 for emulators, then go for a 128MB card. If you want to get GPCinema, add another 128MB card. If you want to get hardcore into emulators and especially GPCinema, then get three or four 128MB cards. Everything else, a 64MB card would probably suffice.

Note that 128MB cards are the max the GP32 can handle, for now.

generalnmx posted on Oct 6 2003 at 09:47 PM said:
Note that 128MB cards are the max the GP32 can handle, for now.
Actually, if it follows SMC specs it can handle any SMC size, the problem is that there is no cards larger than 128MB. If there were larger, htey should work in the gp32 without a fuzz.

Last edited by a moderator:
applications ? well there arent many really on the gp32, not that are any good... there is windups but it's a bit pants, maybe the bloke was on a windup when he wrote it, you cant actually use it for anytthing.... not really..

one thing though is ebooks - im gonna post seperate about that

Back