How To Build A Pandora

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, not exactly a Pandora, but the case ;)

I thought you might be interested seeing a few renders of the latest case (the nearly-final one, but still missing holes for the LEDs and the touchpen).

I know the lightnings a bit dark and the resolution a bit low.
I was in a rush as I'm going to an exhibition for the next days - and I wanted to show you the renders before that.

When I get back next week, I can do higher res renders or do some closeups.

Now, enjoy these:

An empty case assembled
An empty case disassembled, top view
An empty case disassembled, bottom view

(14) battery slot / bento box (when on ac-power)

;P so will those buttons be cut out and filed by you guys like hobby model parts? or will they sort of hold together like in render, as in a cell phone?

and I guess the volume wheel part will be in there later? cause you didn't make it digital right? :)

nim said:
(14) battery slot / bento box (when on ac-power)

;P so will those buttons be cut out and filed by you guys like hobby model parts? or will they sort of hold together like in render, as in a cell phone?

and I guess the volume wheel part will be in there later? cause you didn't make it digital right? :)
The factory assembles it ;)

And as the volume wheel is a complete part we just buy and stick it on the PCB, it's not part of the case :)

Last edited:
@nim: The buttons are spaced out a little bit.
And perhaps(when you're back next week) could you give a render or two of the sides and back?

Firefox said:
Jaxartes said:
So, I'm curious, what's the flat shiny thingy in the lower right corner of the "disassembled" images?
I'd imagine it's the cover for the battery compartment.
I agree - you can see how it would fit with the main part of the bottom case and you can see where the screws line up near where the shoulder buttons would be.

Nice pics. Thanks ED

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
Well, not exactly a Pandora, but the case ;)

I thought you might be interested seeing a few renders of the latest case (the nearly-final one, but still missing holes for the LEDs and the touchpen).

I know the lightnings a bit dark and the resolution a bit low.
I was in a rush as I'm going to an exhibition for the next days - and I wanted to show you the renders before that.

When I get back next week, I can do higher res renders or do some closeups.

Now, enjoy these:

An empty case assembled
An empty case disassembled, top view
An empty case disassembled, bottom view

Where does the PCB fit in there?

That looks pretty good! :) Though I had no idea the pandora was going to come with a touchpen!

One more thing though. Can we have a vote on as to what colour the LED is? Hehe! (Just being silly, my apologies). ;) !

IHMO that case looks a lot better than some laptops out there, some laptops out there have retorted to "beige box" syndrome, i.e. they look all the same!

The unassembled renderings are intresting too. Maybe handy to bear in mind if the pandora needs to be opened up for cleaning (keyboards often accumulate hair, fluff, dust and other assorted gunk).

ljones

ljones said:
keyboards often accumulate ... other assorted gunk).
:blink: Please don't elaborate.

Looking at the renders I'm hoping that the 'keyboard'/keypad is going to be a tight fit to the case and nothing much is going to get inside.

I'm a little confused, could you please tell me what you mean by 'renders'? are they actually photographs?

---_Won_--- said:
I'm a little confused, could you please tell me what you mean by 'renders'? are they actually photographs?
3d modelling software images.

Back