How To Change The Panel (Task Bar ) To Transparent ?

Pinballwzd

I have been reading on how to create a.gtkrc-2.0 file and modify it to change the colors of the control panel (task bar).

I understand how to change the FG, BG and text colors but how to you change the whole task bar to transparent?.

After searching Google, I found that in some versions of Linux, you can get a transparent task bar by right clicking the panel and then selecting Properties, Background and then selecting a solid white colour and adjusting the slider.
I cannot find such a setting in the Xfce panel.

I looked at that tutorial but I must be out to lunch.. Is applying a new theme (skin ) the only way to get the panel to be transparent ?
Maybe I should just change my panel to a close color to my desktop image. I have my panel hidden but you can still see a line along the bottom. I would like the panel to be completely hidden and thus why I am thinking of making it transparent but if it is too much work, I will just change the color to match...

Eisner said:
I looked at that tutorial but I must be out to lunch.. Is applying a new theme (skin ) the only way to get the panel to be transparent ?
Maybe I should just change my panel to a close color to my desktop image. I have my panel hidden but you can still see a line along the bottom. I would like the panel to be completely hidden and thus why I am thinking of making it transparent but if it is too much work, I will just change the color to match...
You only need that part :
SomeGuy99 said:
guide4z.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back