How To Get A Dev Unit.

Squidge said:
2.1x? Huh?
Yeah, I did a... :blink: when I saw that too... :D

At the moment the Pandora doesn't use the TI one, but one specific to Pandora. More details will be released shortly.

Heh... The suspense is killin' them... ;)

I'll have to concur with Squidge on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must have misread that post I saw it then. I was wondering about that anyway, glad we got it cleared up :)

cyt0plas said:
Were there not a contractual obligation to take commercially reasonable steps to ensure purchasing, someone could start a company, distribute a trial where the copy protection was absolutely trivial, and distribute copies all day long.
All copy protection is getting increasingly trivial. ;) It sounds like you're fighting a losing war that will sadly end up costing you (and us consumers) millions.

Are there any units left? And if so could I get a PM or reply stating the price.

Kyosys said:
For a MK0? Riight... :D

That's the MSRP for the MK1 production units...

If you want one (and Craig's still offering the things...) you need to follow precisely what the man said in the beginning of the thread.

Svartalf said:
Kyosys said:
For a MK0? Riight... :D

That's the MSRP for the MK1 production units...

True, the MK0's cost a _lot_ more, but they are subsidised by the Pandora team with the assumption that it'll be worth it for the developers expertise and time.

Svartalf said:
If you want one (and Craig's still offering the things...) you need to follow precisely what the man said in the beginning of the thread.

And hope you will one day get a "yes" or "no" answer...

exactly. I know they're way more expensive to make, but I believe they're being handed out for the retail price

Laurent said:
Svartalf said:

Actually, I gradually lost interest in the project. The final nail in the coffin as it were are the revelations (or, more accurately, lack of) about the WiFi/BT which only confirmed the doubts I had since the beginning. Too much of Pandora is closed, at least for me.

Kyosys said:
Because I think I read about it. It also makes sense
You seriously think they would charge full price so that people can have the privilege of developing core components of the OS for free?

Kyosys said:
exactly. I know they're way more expensive to make, but I believe they're being handed out for the retail price
Keep on believing that...it'd be waaaay wrong, but keep on believing it all the same... ;)

netbsd said:
Laurent said:
Svartalf said:

Actually, I gradually lost interest in the project. The final nail in the coffin as it were are the revelations (or, more accurately, lack of) about the WiFi/BT which only confirmed the doubts I had since the beginning. Too much of Pandora is closed, at least for me.

Price you pay to be on the cutting edge, NDA's and some nasty cuts.

craig; i just sent you an email via the board...(first post; havent done much development for many devices...so i figured why make an account if im only gunna be posting "great job!" and "THATS AWESOME!"; while they may prove helpful to motivation; still...)

i would love to get a start on some dev; i have programmed alot before (i used to; and probably still am...just not active; developer for kruel studios...)

what languages are out there to dev on it with? i presume C is a given...

anyways...your pm box is full; as you would have guessed from all the posts saying exactly that...

thanks,
iRRVi

/edit: i just checked the kruel.org website...i am still listed as a team member on the praelium project; yes, the one that the most recent dev entry is from 27 weeks 5 days ago...amazing! maybe i should visit the irc soon...

Back