How to get Flash 11 working in Firefox 21

Can it be that this does not work well on CC Pandoras? I've managed to get the flash plugin to work at least, including full screen but page loading takes minutes, video runs with 1 fps per minute or so even overclocked. CPU at 100% all the time, maybe my faulty WiFi strikes back, loading doesn't went well.  I remember it was playing better with the older versions, at last at 240p. But I guess I will never see a "normal", fluid youtube Video over Firefox on my old Pandora.

I've tried but my Linksys stick from my PC does not work at all on my Pandora, no reaction when I plug it in, nothing, zero, dead... (USB enabled of course).

So all I have is the crappy internal WiFi and I curse it every day more and more. I've put the Pandora right on top of my router, disabled WiFi powersave but all I get is 50 byte download?!?!?

Seriously, if there will ever be an  Pandora successor, I wait until people have confirmed that it's wifi works like it should, otherwise I will not buy the Device.

I've tried but my Linksys stick from my PC does not work at all on my Pandora, no reaction when I plug it in, nothing, zero, dead... (USB enabled of course).

So all I have is the crappy internal WiFi and I curse it every day more and more. I've put the Pandora right on top of my router, disabled WiFi powersave but all I get is 50 byte download?!?!?

Seriously, if there will ever be an  Pandora successor, I wait until people have confirmed that it's wifi works like it should, otherwise I will not buy the Device.
Dude calm down!  Go to BestBuy or Radioshack near you and grap the nano-netgear wifi dongle if you can't buy the ones Ed or Link sells.  It works fine for me.  If not, use your Fusion_Power :p

Last edited by a moderator:
With your Linksys should be on the Desktop nothing happen.

All the Things who are Important are in the backround.

Please Type ,after plug the Stick,in a Terminal dmesg and you see why your Stick not work.

Mostly is that realy simple to solve,just search in the Internet for the Linux Firmware Files for your Stick and copy them into

/lib/Firmware Folder.

When you have the right Files copied there will it work on the Pandora after plug in :)

Had the same Problem with my railink RT73 stick.

Maybe i can help you search,can you please Post the exactly Datas of your Stick?

I search this Evening for Firmware Files for you ;)

Good Luck

Dude calm down!  Go to BestBuy or Radioshack near you and grap the nano-netgear wifi dongle if you can't buy the ones Ed or Link sells.  It works fine for me.  If not, use your Fusion_Power :p
No, the pure force of my anger has to make the Pandora WiFi Work! -> :angry:   I just have to convince the wifi to do what I want...however, not sure how.   ;)

@ Ingo: thanks for the tip, it's a "TP-LINK  TL-WN821N" by the way but I use my Pandora so rarely now that it's not worth that much effort. My PC is just much faster in browsing and I don't play much games anymore so I guess I've more or less done with my Pandora, exactly what I've feared: loosing interest before I've got the damn TV Cable. <_<    

Another reason why I really want that an Pandora Successor will be much more "handy" and well thought than the Pandora is right now. Meaning less frustration, more fun.  :ph34r:

No, the pure force of my anger has to make the Pandora WiFi Work! -> :angry:   I just have to convince the wifi to do what I want...however, not sure how.   ;)

@ Ingo: thanks for the tip, it's a "TP-LINK  TL-WN821N" by the way but I use my Pandora so rarely now that it's not worth that much effort. My PC is just much faster in browsing and I don't play much games anymore so I guess I've more or less done with my Pandora, exactly what I've feared: loosing interest before I've got the damn TV Cable. <_<    

Another reason why I really want that an Pandora Successor will be much more "handy" and well thought than the Pandora is right now. Meaning less frustration, more fun.  :ph34r:
Yo!  I was in the same position as yours but I've come back to love the Pandora stronger than ever  :D    They say "Even love needs a holiday."  So maybe you need to take a little break from your Pandora.   :D   Then you may get attached back to it in a week , 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months.... Like me, I was frustrated with it and left it alone for like a month.  But now were're married and may have a baby together (the P2)  :D

I have a Firmware File for you.

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ar9170.fw

Please download this and copy this into

/lib/firmware before you plug in the Wlan Stick.

With a little Luck work it fine then,with unluck must you do this:

http://ibaf87.wordpress.com/2010/12/02/tp-link-tl-wn821n-unter-linux-gentoo/

(i think you can German when you are that FusionPower from the German Forum long Time ago) ;)

Edit: The Internal Wifi should stay Disabled when plug the Stick in.

Edit Edit: found prebuild Firmware File:

http://archlinux.c3sl.ufpr.br/other/ar9170-fw/ar9170-fw.tar.gz

Copy the Files from this Archive with and without the Directory Name into

/lib/firmware

btw: you can copy such Files with opening a Terminal and start

sudo thunar
Then can you copy what you want ^_^

It's -a- me, Fusio!  :lol:

Thanks for the files, I will try it. but what do you mean with "with and without the Directory Name"? do I have to copy  it 2x then into /lib/firmware?

EDIT: still doesn't work, dmesg says something about usb 2.0 WiFi stick found but somehow drivers are still missing.

Oh sometimes its little tricky.
Try to extract the prebuild files with the Directoy into /lib/Firmware

and when you have done this try to

copy the files from the extracted directory into /lib/firmware

Some Firmwares need the directory but some not :)

I wish you luck :)

I have tried this method (and several others) and none seem to work. I think Adobe changed how their plugin page works.

I would love to get Flash working, if just for Pandora radio, but there are also HTML5 YouTube plugins that I would like to try (you still need Flash for some reason, but the video stream is HTML5).

Am I SOL?

What results do you get from the Flash Check at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html ?

What happens when you go to Youtube.com ?

The about:config settings in the first post are still the same as far as I can tell. I have a few more that I use to disable HTML5 but those alone should get you going.

Are you using the latest Firefox?

"Sorry, Flash Player is either not installed or not enabled.
Please go to step 2."

When I go to YouTube it loads the player and attempts to play, but it is staccato at best, generally with no audio.

I have FF 26.0.0. Just re-downloaded it, too.

Do you have this set?

in about:config
extensions.blocklist.enabled false
plugins.load_appdir_plugins true

If so, do you have Flash listed/activated in the FireFox Add-ons>>plugins section?

Hurray, got it to work. 

After re-downloading the .pnd I forgot to change the about:config settings. That was it. Video works fine, fullscreen is acceptable if you let it queue up. 

Thanks.

Did you delete your appdata folder? Because I would expect the about:config settings to be kept if you just update the .PND and leave the appdate folder as is?

The Flash Video Download plugins generally don't work with HTML5 videos.

To disable HTML5 videos and always use Flash videos in Firefox:

about:config
media.webm.enabled false

media.ogg.enabled false

media.wave.enabled false

Yes, I did delete the appdata. 

Why would I want to disable HTML5 video? I thought Arm architecture handled it more efficiently. 

Back