How To Never Have Any Peace...ever Again!!

winapa

Still Fresh
I wished I hadn't done this....I really really do...

My son is 3 years old....he's Thomas the tank engine daft. What did silly daddy do? He installed the Thomas game for the Megadrive and then stupidly showed little Ryan.

Now, when daddy picks up his beloved GP2x, Ryan says "Thomas on daddy". If daddy does not comply, the trembling bottom lip starts. If daddy isn't playing his GP2x, Ryan realises that its "free" and therefore wants to play Thomas on it. If daddy does not comply, the trembling bottom lip goes again.

As I write this, Ryan is sat on the sofa with mummy watching thomas (Ryan is also doing a pretty good job of controlling him too). Sending Thomas to "bed" brings on the trembling bottom lip again.

Daddy now has a trembling bottom lip. :(

Hahahahaha! Well that kinda sucks for you doesn`t it. Are you simply posting this for amusement or are you actually asking what to do now? Because I have no idea how to get a child away from a video console once hooked on it. Aren`t we all addicted? But it is certainly quite cute ;-) I suggest scheduling gp2x time for your son. That`s what my parents did to get me away from my 386 when I was 12. I guess he will not understand fully but you can at least limit the time he sits in front of the screen...

that makes two of us then.

my three year old son is thomas mad and i had the *great* idea of including this game on my card. duh...

"play thomas on 2X daddy?" ---"errrmmm"

"your next race is.....percy"

my current solution- the thomasandfriends website is a godsend - little games to keep him occupied

winapa posted on Sep 3 2006 at 09:35 PM said:
I wished I hadn't done this....I really really do...

My son is 3 years old....he's Thomas the tank engine daft. What did silly daddy do? He installed the Thomas game for the Megadrive and then stupidly showed little Ryan.

Now, when daddy picks up his beloved GP2x, Ryan says "Thomas on daddy". If daddy does not comply, the trembling bottom lip starts. If daddy isn't playing his GP2x, Ryan realises that its "free" and therefore wants to play Thomas on it. If daddy does not comply, the trembling bottom lip goes again.

As I write this, Ryan is sat on the sofa with mummy watching thomas (Ryan is also doing a pretty good job of controlling him too). Sending Thomas to "bed" brings on the trembling bottom lip again.

Daddy now has a trembling bottom lip. :(
haha, how cute :D

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone with a young son (or possibly daughter) I would seriously not recommend torrent-ing for Thomas episodes and installing them on your gp2x. I learnt the hard way that a 2 yr old can watch the same one many, many times and if you silly enough to download a dozen... then you can wave it goodbye. :)

Actually I was wondering when he would start to take an interest in actually playing games - sounds like I've got about 10 months to go (I have shown him that game and he wasn't particularly interested).

He hasn't quite got the hang of Scalextric yet either... but the time will come. :D

hahaha awesome

cool kid you got =P (seriously!)

I remember my dad used to lock the 386... then I had to ask for him to unlock it

little did he know, the first thing I did was to download the anarchist cookbook and learn how to lockpick =D

and he never found out MWAHAHA!

So far my sons are too young to steal my video games from me. 1yo and 2yo, but when my third son is born, we'll have four people... four people... four controllers (most systems)... perfect.

Vimacs posted on Sep 4 2006 at 03:29 AM said:
Cute :)
Well, theres only one solution, buy a 2nd gp2x!
Or how about, buy a Megadrive?

xcen posted on Sep 3 2006 at 06:55 PM said:
hahaha awesome

cool kid you got =P (seriously!)

I remember my dad used to lock the 386... then I had to ask for him to unlock it

little did he know, the first thing I did was to download the anarchist cookbook and learn how to lockpick =D

and he never found out MWAHAHA!

I need to get me that anarchist cookbook one of these days.

Actually I got the gp2x for my son (12).. and he's the one who has to claw it back from me!
So there's always another side to a coin :)

After all these years, still hooked on (mame) defender/stargate...!
Maybe I'd better investigate the Thomas game.

Kev

xnopasaranx posted on Sep 3 2006 at 09:20 PM said:
Hahahahaha! Well that kinda sucks for you doesn`t it. Are you simply posting this for amusement or are you actually asking what to do now? Because I have no idea how to get a child away from a video console once hooked on it. Aren`t we all addicted? But it is certainly quite cute ;-) I suggest scheduling gp2x time for your son. That`s what my parents did to get me away from my 386 when I was 12. I guess he will not understand fully but you can at least limit the time he sits in front of the screen...

Its too late for me now, I was posting as a "warning" to others :lol:

chunkyktr posted on Sep 3 2006 at 09:29 PM said:
that makes two of us then.

my three year old son is thomas mad and i had the *great* idea of including this game on my card. duh...

"play thomas on 2X daddy?" ---"errrmmm"

"your next race is.....percy"

my current solution- the thomasandfriends website is a godsend - little games to keep him occupied

No, were not allowed to play the race mode...we have to play the explore mode and go under as many tunnels as possible. :blink:

winapa posted on Sep 4 2006 at 12:43 PM said:
No, were not allowed to play the race mode...we have to play the explore mode and go under as many tunnels as possible. :blink:

good god, thats worse than the racing!

chunkyktr posted on Sep 4 2006 at 12:55 PM said:
winapa posted on Sep 4 2006 at 12:43 PM said:

good god, thats worse than the racing!

I know. He's now taken to removing it completely from my hands and driving Thomas himself. He's quite good, often hooking up carriages etc on his own. I tried to switch it off whilst he wasn't looking a few minutes ago hoping he wouldn't notice. He did. "Thomas on, daddy".

Dontcha just love kids! :lol:

My 2.5 year old is now playing thomas with my gp2x with the mrs helping,

goodbye gp2x

doh!

Back