How to rebuild ROMs to PanMAME using CrlMAMEPro

I've not used it myself, I just cherry picked ROMs that worked (trial and error!) from various sets I already had.

The obvious question, if not Windows - what version are you using?

Assuming you also have a correct .DAT file for Mame 106 (for PanMame compatibility), you should be all set to update/regress a folder of ROMs you point it to - I would have thought any version of clrMamepro would work more or less the same way, but somebody else (or one of the Mame / clrMamepro forums) will have to step in at this point...

Last edited by a moderator:
I followed the first post. Some ROMs make Duke Nukem say "Come on!" (meaning not work), some run, but stay black, some don't appear at all, some appear in grey text, and some ROMs I didn't add appear without working.

What dat file do you use? You can download the binary of advanced mame and use this as reference.

I have been trying to get Radiant Silvergun to run under PanMAME, but have not had much success. The set has been verified with CMPRO & a MAME 106 dat, but it does not show in the game list.

Any ideas ?

I have been trying to get Radiant Silvergun to run under PanMAME, but have not had much success. The set has been verified with CMPRO & a MAME 106 dat, but it does not show in the game list.

Any ideas ?
Check if you have the STV BIOS (stvbios.zip). Here are the correct CRCs...

http://www.mamedb.com/game/rsgun

The filenames are not really important, since the ROM files are loaded by CRC.

However, the game works but it runs too sloooooow.

Generated a .dat file directly on the Pandora...

pandoragu:/mnt/utmp/panmame/bin$ ./advmame --listxml > /media/PANDORA64A/advmame_0106_dat.xml
advmame_0106_dat.zip

Also generated a .dat from the MAME 0.106 Windows binary (see my first post) and compared it with the Pandora .dat file (clrmamepro -> Profiler -> Rename Wiz). They are absolutely identical, all CRCs match.

If a game doesn't work, check the CRCs in the attached .dat file. And of course, use it for clrmamepro. Bear in mind, ROM files that have changed since MAME 0.106, will not work from a newer set. A rollback set is required for those games.

Attachments

• advmame_0106_dat.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 777
Thanks for the help. I finally got Radiant Silvergun to play. Anyone tried the game on a 1Ghz Pandora ? I would imagine it's still slow, but I seem to remember I tried it on a version of MAME (don't remember which one) & it was mostly playable at 800Mhz.

I have a GHz Pandora and tried with 1100 MHz. It only runs at ~25% speed.

The CPU frequency must be changed manually in this file...

/pandora/appdata/panmame/cpuspeed
PS: Wouldn't it be better just leave the CPU speed as it is?

The other version you mentioned was probably MAME EX (based on MAME 0.110). It probably ran faster, because MAME EX just adds lots of frameskips. I'm currently unable to try with MAME EX. It builds the games list (file seems to be correct), but for some reason, it doesn't display any games in the selection.

Frameskip can be also changed in PanMAME. Press F1 when running a game. This shows all available keys.

F11 Show FPS

F10 Throttle (auto/fix FPS)

F9 Increase frameskip

F8 Decrease frameskip

Don't know why, but I can't change frameskip in RSG. I can in Asterix, but maybe I just don't understand it properly.

Hmm thanks.. So what would i do? All the guides are coming from a higher version to 106.

Should i just through a bunch of roms in the roms folder and see what happens?

Or run the roms through the 106 dat file with clrmame

Sent from my A500 using the cli.

Just try the ones you really want, many will work, a handful wont. Whether you want to update the set will probably then depend on which games ultimately fail.

Hi.. yup installed and copied over my mame4all roms..

Now..

How do I go about turning off that damn music and Duke samples?

I deleted the mp3 in /mp3 but it just appears again..

1. create two folders, 'oldroms' and 'newroms', and place your old roms in 'oldroms'
2. place advmame_0106_dat from this thread somewhere in your computer.

3. Run ClrMamePro
4. "Add Datfile", the clrmame.dat from step 2.
5. Load. Say "Default"
6. Rebuilder. Source="oldroms" To="newroms". I prefer non-merged sets, but it's up to you. Rebuild.
7. Prepare a cup of tea
8. Add milk, honey and / or agave nectar
9. Hey, that seems finished.
10. Copy files in newroms to the SD and enjoy.

Still encountered the same problems as my second post.

Back