How To See And Access Files In The Nand In 2.0?

DaveC

Internal Development
How do you see all of the files on the NAND? I connected with the USB and only see some stuff, everything else is hidden. Is there some hack or utility to browse folders in the NAND?

Among other things I want to replace that useless GPH LCD-tweak image with something actually useful like the one below. I don't know scripts and linux so it would be nice to be able to just copy the file through Explorer.

How do you do it?

set_lcd.png

Using the normal usb connection will only show you the area of the nand you should be putting games into, but if you enable networking and samba you should be able to browse anywhere on the nand (so be careful what you overwrite/delete).

woogal posted on May 12 2006 at 10:09 AM said:
Using the normal usb connection will only show you the area of the nand you should be putting games into, but if you enable networking and samba you should be able to browse anywhere on the nand (so be careful what you overwrite/delete).

I tried it and couldn't get it to work. The computer asked to find some driver. I installed it but the device didn't show up anywhere and it said "limited connectivity" and invalid address or something like that. I can use the regular USB cable and it works fine (although I can't browse the hidden stuff)

Is there a way to copy the file to the nand then move it on the GP2X itself to the right place?

If there is no utility to browse the entire nand then there is a good project for some coder, a NAND file manager utility :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back