Accessing Data In Nand Memory

avik

Still Fresh
Hi everybody. I just got my GP2X today, and I'll get an SD card soon. In the meantime, I seem to be having a problem.

When I connected my GP2X to my computer (just a normal connection, not USB networking), I found there were already some files and such in my NAND memory. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to access these files from my GP2X (the explorer, video, etc. menus only show SD and External USB, no Built-in option like under Settings->USB.

I also noticed that there was a help folder in the NAND, with a couple of videos. I assume these are the videos I'm supposed to be able to play when I choose Help in the main menu? When I do that, however, I just get a blank screen.

Any ideas? I'm using the 3.0.0 version of the firmware (it came like that).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Avik said:
Hi everybody. I just got my GP2X today, and I'll get an SD card soon. In the meantime, I seem to be having a problem.

When I connected my GP2X to my computer (just a normal connection, not USB networking), I found there were already some files and such in my NAND memory. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to access these files from my GP2X (the explorer, video, etc. menus only show SD and External USB, no Built-in option like under Settings->USB.

I also noticed that there was a help folder in the NAND, with a couple of videos. I assume these are the videos I'm supposed to be able to play when I choose Help in the main menu? When I do that, however, I just get a blank screen.

Any ideas? I'm using the 3.0.0 version of the firmware (it came like that).

Thanks in advance for any help.
Try cycling the power and going there with the "game" menu. It can take a while. Every once in a while I have the same symptom but cycling the power seems to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dzz said:
Try cycling the power and going there with the "game" menu. It can take a while. Every once in a while I have the same symptom but cycling the power seems to fix it.
Okay, that's just weird. I was just trying that, and I was able to access the built-in memory from the Games menu. Now all of the sudden, I can access the Help videos from the Help menu!

The Built-in option only appears in the Games menu (not in Explorer, nor in Video, Photo or E-book). Oh well.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back