How To Test Gp32 If Its 100% Working

And if what Donjj says is indeed true, then I had guessed correct earlier, and Gamepark has indeed made a permanent change to the hardware. Lik sang can replace all of your 'faulty' units with new ones 10 times over and you most likely will still end up with the same problem. Someone needs to maybe make this a sticky or something, because there are probably going to be quite a few more people getting these 'faulty' units. They need to know that even returning and exchanging them may not solve the issue.

Bast525 - You are still forgetting the major points:
1) It is still speculation at this point - there is no official word to any of us except through 'people who know people'
2) The 10-day return policy still stands. If you don't make your move to return the 'faulty' unit (even if it isn't faulty) then you may never be able to should it turn out to be a problem.

I, for one, wouldn't mind keeping mine as-is rather than go through the hassle, but I would rather wait for an official announcment from GP or Lik-Sang along with developer info on how to code around this problem.

The same here ... the only stuff I miss is Frodo, but if it can be fixed as it is still active project, I dont mind.

Anyway, can someone with old fully working unit test Castaway for me? No need to play any games, simply launch Castaway (v 13.0 or 13.1 or 13.2) and check if on the page with intro (Moving Castaway logo with red backgroud) you have red line on the last row on the screen (position 240 I guess). I dont think it should be there, maybe it's another bug caused by change of LCD. I just want to find out as it really bothers me :angry:

picture is worth thousands words ...

gp32_line.jpg

gp32_hoh.jpg

OK, keep trying things, the Doom part is VERY helpful! (that might give an answer to what is going on)

Try doom V10beta.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

craigix posted on Dec 10 2004 at 01:30 AM said:
OK, keep trying things, the Doom part is VERY helpful! (that might give an answer to what is going on)

Try doom V10beta.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

No worky... :( Same screen thingy bar... And in V8, saving did not work. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
PiNa1971 posted on Dec 10 2004 at 08:46 AM said:
The same here ... the only stuff I miss is Frodo, but if it can be fixed as it is still active project, I dont mind.

Anyway, can someone with old fully working unit test Castaway for me? No need to play any games, simply launch Castaway (v 13.0 or 13.1 or 13.2) and check if on the page with intro (Moving Castaway logo with red backgroud) you have red line on the last row on the screen (position 240 I guess). I dont think it should be there, maybe it's another bug caused by change of LCD. I just want to find out as it really bothers me :angry:

I fired up Castaway v13.2 on my GP32, and there is no red line down the bottom. Looks like another thing that don't work 100% on the new blu's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that, given the 10 day time period, you really have to do SOMETHING. And really at this point, returning it is your only option. I wasn't going back on that.

BUT, if what Donjj says is true, than even when Lik Sang sends you a new one, theres a very good chance it will have the same problem. Then what will you do?

@White Demon

Thank you for testing, now it's clear.

@bast525

I asked for RMA number 48 hours ago, and nothing arrived so far. I will wait till Monday, and will ask them again.

You are right, there is a time pressure, due to that 10 days return policy. And it would be really helpfull if GamePark let us know some official statement. But right now the only way (at least for me) is to send the unit back.

It's worth trying, if they will fix it, we all get new units. If they wont fix it, we will receive the same "faulty" units. There is no other way I am affraid :(

BUT, if what Donjj says is true, than even when Lik Sang sends you a new one, theres a very good chance it will have the same problem. Then what will you do?

Thats fine. I would keep it and live with it. Then at least I'm sure its not a faulty unit, just the new hardware.

I think as long as I action this (Lik-Sang have replied now, but not with an RMA, just with a message saying they are looking in to it) then Lik-Sang have it in their records, and now the 10 day thing doesn't apply anymore (I can argue that I did contact them) so now i am happy to wait for an official word on the new LCDs before I send it back (or decide to keep it) :)

Back