How To Test Gp32 If Its 100% Working

PiNa1971 posted on Dec 7 2004 at 05:39 PM said:
matt goode posted on Dec 7 2004 at 04:16 PM said:
i8m actually well scared now, cause ive just brought a gp32 blu 166+ from gbax and there waitin for new stok, how likely is it that mine will b fuked?

Dont want to scare you even more, but since their shipment is from Liksang, the chances they will receive bad units are pretty high :( But they will receive lots of them so if the good/bad ration is not 1, you still have a chance, there will 'd be one fully working there :)

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
gbax order directly from gamepark, not liksang.

Last edited by a moderator:
woogal posted on Dec 7 2004 at 08:53 PM said:
gbax order directly from gamepark, not liksang.

Yeah, and craig already knows about this problem, I'm sure he's gonna test the new GP32s before you get one.

I wouldn't worry :) Craig has the best service to offer... sadly, it's a bit expensive for Non-UKers, since UK is pretty expensive :(

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Dec 7 2004 at 04:01 PM said:
aapje89 posted on Dec 7 2004 at 03:31 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on Dec 7 2004 at 12:00 PM said:
I wonder if I can get an LCD of one of these faulty units to replace the broken LCD of my intact unit :)
So you couldn't buy one from samsung?
Anyway, there are really a lot of bad blu's :(

Didn't get a reply yet, but I try to get one from all different sources at once ;)

Yeah, bad BLU's is REALLY bad... this is gonna cost a WHOLE lot of money for GamePark... and money is something they don't really have :(

Yeah this could spell the end for Gamepark and the GP32. I don't know how their QC could be so bad. They have probably have made thousands of these dodgy units. It may be very hard to get now.

DaveC posted on Dec 7 2004 at 09:08 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on Dec 7 2004 at 04:01 PM said:
Yeah, bad BLU's is REALLY bad... this is gonna cost a WHOLE lot of money for GamePark... and money is something they don't really have :(
Yeah this could spell the end for Gamepark and the GP32. I don't know how their QC could be so bad. They have probably have made thousands of these dodgy units. It may be very hard to get now.

I REALLLY do hope, it's not their fault... I don't know if they just developed the hardware or if they PRODUCE them themselves.

If they DON'T produce themselves and it is a production fault, they may be lucky and get the money they lose from the production facility.

I really do hope so... after all, with the GP homepage revamped lastly and the European release, it just looked good for a GP successor...

Last edited:
thanks a lot guys u have actually helped loads ive decided that to b sure even thou its an xmas present im ganna chek to c if it is faulty the day its delivered so that i dont have the most depressing christmas ever. can u use the l,r,r,l,rr,ll or wotever it is to chek if it allwork wellof will that not tell u if its faulty?

matt goode posted on Dec 7 2004 at 07:35 PM said:
thanks a lot guys u have actually helped loads ive decided that to b sure even thou its an xmas present im ganna chek to c if it is faulty the day its delivered so that i dont have the most depressing christmas ever. can u use the l,r,r,l,rr,ll or wotever it is to chek if it allwork wellof will that not tell u if its faulty?

matt goode posted on Dec 7 2004 at 08:36 PM said:
matt goode posted on Dec 7 2004 at 07:35 PM said:

You should test it with frodo. then you'll know for sure.

toxibunny posted on Dec 7 2004 at 07:42 PM said:
You should test it with frodo. then you'll know for sure.

So far only Frodo and Xenon Mega Blast (released last week) cause that blue line. Well, I am not gonna flash new bios there. All other appz and games I tested seem to be fully working, atleast no blue line there.

So, what are they going to do with the faulty units? Refurbish them, or sell them to eager people who just want to 1. fiddle with a gp32 2. use it for parts?

That's actually a pretty good idea, but they will probably just scrape them for parts after the defect is found in the hardware. *sigh* Lik-Sang still hasn't emailed me back. I am just wanting to return this now and buy a used one.

Neptune posted on Dec 7 2004 at 09:13 PM said:
That's actually a pretty good idea, but they will probably just scrape them for parts after the defect is found in the hardware. *sigh* Lik-Sang still hasn't emailed me back. I am just wanting to return this now and buy a used one.

Take your time, it's almost Xmas here. I just reported my faulty unit today and I am waiting for their RMA number and will most likely ship it to them after Xmas. In the meantime, will enjoy this incredible piece of hardware :)

if i install frodo and the blue lines appear, can i get rid of them by deleting Frodo? cheers im really clueless

matt goode posted on Dec 7 2004 at 11:22 PM said:
if i install frodo and the blue lines appear, can i get rid of them by deleting Frodo? cheers im really clueless

probably you'd get rid of them by just not using frodo.

hardly an ideal solution though...

matt goode posted on Dec 7 2004 at 10:22 PM said:

the lines are there only when frodo is started, or Xenon mega blast.
I tested Atari ST and PC Engine Emulators along with SCUMMVM, wind-ups ... no lines there. But I didnt flash new bios, which produces blue lines immediately.

This is exactly the info I was after.

I just received my GP today, and tested it with D&G (included game) and it seems to be ok.

I will unwrap it again now and test it with frodo to make sure....

Yip, I have the same problem. I must have been one of the last to order before Lik-Sang removed the BLU from the site.

I've emailed for my RMA number. Now wating patiently for a reply (like everyone else). What a disappointment.

I am speaking to gamepark about it as they are about to ship my sets from this new RF link + SMC + GP32blu bundle, i've asked them about the situation and i'm waiting for a reply now.

Is it only frodo and the xenon game which causes it, or is it more? Can someone confirm or pin it down more, there seems to be diffrent opinions.

Thanks,

Craig

www.gbax.com

pea posted on Dec 8 2004 at 12:37 AM said:
Yip, I have the same problem. I must have been one of the last to order before Lik-Sang removed the BLU from the site.

I've emailed for my RMA number. Now wating patiently for a reply (like everyone else). What a disappointment.

Lik Sang will sort it out - don't worry. I have my RMA and it is going back tomorrow and I have been promised a refund. They know that there is a problem - it is a shame that there is not much they can do as it is a fault from the production line.

I was one of the first to slag off Lik Sang but I have now changed my mind - they have been very professional in the way that they have dealt with my problem. I won't hesitate to use them again.

I have orderd a new GP32 from GBAX.com. I am hoping it is from an old batch so should be working fine. I will let you all know as I will get it later on today.

Fingers crossed!!!

craigix posted on Dec 8 2004 at 01:51 AM said:
I am speaking to gamepark about it as they are about to ship my sets from this new RF link + SMC + GP32blu bundle, i've asked them about the situation and i'm waiting for a reply now.

Is it only frodo and the xenon game which causes it, or is it more? Can someone confirm or pin it down more, there seems to be diffrent opinions.

Thanks,

Craig

www.gbax.com

Hi Craig,

I manged to replicate the bar using Frodo, the Super NES and the Xenon game. It now does it on startup and I am running the same firmware from when I first go it.

Back